Bluetooth album / track display (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
community.webshots.com
Been trying to get track info from Pandora to display and have been unsuccessful so far. Using a Pixel 2 XL (Android) on a 2017 Land Cruiser. I've connected to other Toyota vehicles the same age or older and had them display the info. Pic to show blank info. Any ideas??

IMG_20200528_124912.jpg

Press play.

Seriously there are so many things that could cause this. Phone updates. App updates. Syncing. Paid suspriction current. Logged in. Simple restart of the phone, car, Bluetooth. Wifi. Does it work with the aux cable. Entune updates, app permissions on your phone. Update both app and phone. Turn off. For 8-10 seconds. Turn off Bluetooth. Rediscover. Then start the app again. May work. Not being funny. But it's sometimes the simple things but I am sure you are going to say you did all that already. 👍🤷🏼‍♂️

Seriously there are so many things that could cause this. Phone updates. App updates. Syncing. Paid suspriction current. Logged in. Simple restart of the phone, car, Bluetooth. Wifi. Does it work with the aux cable. Entune updates, app permissions on your phone. Update both app and phone. Turn off. For 8-10 seconds. Turn off Bluetooth. Rediscover. Then start the app again. May work. Not being funny. But it's sometimes the simple things but I am sure you are going to say you did all that already. 👍🤷🏼‍♂️
Haven't done all those! ....yet. lol

Will try a bunch of different combos between conf calls today. 😁

Haven't done all those! ....yet. lol

Will try a bunch of different combos between conf calls today. 😁
any luck on this? I also have a Pixel 2 XL and have no song meta data displayed. Phone works on other vehicles with no issues. I have this issue on both my 2015 and 2016 LC.

I had this issue on our 2020 HE. I am using a Pixel 5 not a Pixel 2 but I thought I'd share what worked for me.

On your phone
Go to your Android Setting Menu
Then to System and select Advanced
You will need to turn on Developer Options
Scroll down to the Networking section
Look for Bluetooth AV/RCP Version
Change it from the default setting ( probably 1.5 ) to AV/RCP 1.3

Turn Bluetooth off then on for the setting to take affect. Reconnect to the audio system and track info should be displayed.

I had this issue on our 2020 HE. I am using a Pixel 5 not a Pixel 2 but I thought I'd share what worked for me.

On your phone
Go to your Android Setting Menu
Then to System and select Advanced
You will need to turn on Developer Options
Scroll down to the Networking section
Look for Bluetooth AV/RCP Version
Change it from the default setting ( probably 1.5 ) to AV/RCP 1.3

Turn Bluetooth off then on for the setting to take affect. Reconnect to the audio system and track info should be displayed.

Hmm... I have a Pixel 3a XL, and I don't see anything for Developer Option in the Advanced Settings. I need to upgrade soon, my battery is getting tired. Trying to decide between the 4a 5G and the 5.

I use Amazon Music for my streaming music source, and yeah the album/track/artist is blank, but I just don't look at it (screen stays off). But, if I use Poweramp to play music stored on the phone, it shows up. :meh:

I like the 5, it's a solid phone. Not sold on 5G yet though, based on a few through-put tests I've run, it doesn't seem to be any faster than LTE.

Look like every Android build is different, based on a quick search here's how you can enable Developer Options on the Pixel 3.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings
    Settings app icon
    > System
    System icon
    > Advanced.
  3. Developer options
    Developer options icon
    Note
    If Developer options isn't available, navigate: Settings > About phone then tap Build number 7 times. Tap the Back icon
    Back icon
    to Settings then select System > Advanced > Developer options.
  4. Ensure that the Developer options switch (upper-right) is turned on
    On icon
  5. Tap USB debugging to turn on
    On icon
    or off
    Off icon
  6. If prompted with 'Allow USB debugging?', tap OK to confirm.

I like the 5, it's a solid phone. Not sold on 5G yet though, based on a few through-put tests I've run, it doesn't seem to be any faster than LTE.

Look like every Android build is different, based on a quick search here's how you can enable Developer Options on the Pixel 3.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings
    Settings app icon
    > System
    System icon
    > Advanced.
  3. Developer options
    Developer options icon
    Note
    If Developer options isn't available, navigate: Settings > About phone then tap Build number 7 times. Tap the Back icon
    Back icon
    to Settings then select System > Advanced > Developer options.
  4. Ensure that the Developer options switch (upper-right) is turned on
    On icon
  5. Tap USB debugging to turn on
    On icon
    or off
    Off icon
  6. If prompted with 'Allow USB debugging?', tap OK to confirm.

Huh, well look at that. Says I'm a Developer now! I'll let you know if it works on the screen now. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom