Blower motor restoration thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to finish this off...

I could never get the nack of soldering and finally had a thought that my 60W iron was not suitable for the jobs I was attempting. So I bought a 200W iron and now there is no problem with insufficient heat. Just my poor technique.

Anyway, here finally is the finished unit. I'm happy with the result, though I won't be able to test it for a while.

20230502_194118.jpg

Just to finish this off...

I could never get the nack of soldering and finally had a thought that my 60W iron was not suitable for the jobs I was attempting. So I bought a 200W iron and now there is no problem with insufficient heat. Just my poor technique.

Anyway, here finally is the finished unit. I'm happy with the result, though I won't be able to test it for a while.

View attachment 3312697
That's what I've done with my OEM units many times. It's more often than not a good fix, but there's a high likelihood of motor noise just due to the nature of its brushed design. I'm still researching whether it's more worthwhile to further pursue OEM restorations or investigate conversion to a brushless motor. If brushless is possible, it would require a whole new lower housing assembly. Downside is there would be much more design and fit work needed and the final price could be $400-$500 for a complete kit (not sure how many would be willing to pay that), but the upside is that it would allow me to design a provision for a cabin air filter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom