BJ74 production numbers and specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Seems like there isn't a ton of info on the BJ74's. I'm trying to get as much info as possible so does most of this sound right?

Anyone have production numbers on how many of these were made?

BJ74:
1984 - 1990 All right hand drive
JDM 24v
Aussie Spec 12v

13BT
FRP or soft top

H55f
A440f
Splitcase

Factory cable lockers
Full Float & Semi Float options

I found this on another forum about Aussie Spec BJ74's but maybe they are saying 73's as well?

(1) no badge= Poverty pack with lebanese leather (vinyl) and split rims no turbo (3b) or petrol (3F) Bench seat on passenger side, bucket for driver

(2) Red LX badge = cloth seats and carpet 15'x7' wheels, some even had suspension seats. And all the other standard equipment on offer for the no badge

(3) Silver (Chrome) = All the bling you can get for this model, Cloth, power windows and mirrors, A/C, Suspension seats, Chrome grill, and bumpers, bucket seats with centre console, imported ones from japan had a ice maker in the centre console, Vacume transfer, Late model ones had a LSD rear end (for what its worth) 13BT turbo diesel or 3F petrol aslo had a choice of the 1PZ in the late models that is a "5" cylinder diesel, 16" wheels I believe as well.

Other options:
headlight washers
Altimeter/temp POD
carpet
suspension seats
PTO winch
Rear Roll bar/seatbelts
Split rear bench
Flares
There also was the factory rear Jerrycan holder which sits on the small door
Elec seats for the top half of the seat to adjust in some zx's
a speed alert over 110kph
Reverse beeper
Door trims that go to the top of the door( no paint visible were ya rest ya arm)
Rear half doors for soft top.

I've heard there were also a list of dealer installed options of bumpers and things like that.

Any other info would be great!

Seems like there isn't a ton of info on the BJ74's. I'm trying to get as much info as possible so does most of this sound right?

Anyone have production numbers on how many of these were made?

BJ74:
1984 - 1990 All right hand drive
JDM 24v
Aussie Spec 12v

13BT
FRP or soft top

H55f
A440f
Splitcase

Factory cable lockers
Full Float & Semi Float options

I found this on another forum about Aussie Spec BJ74's but maybe they are saying 73's as well?

(1) no badge= Poverty pack with lebanese leather (vinyl) and split rims no turbo (3b) or petrol (3F) Bench seat on passenger side, bucket for driver

(2) Red LX badge = cloth seats and carpet 15'x7' wheels, some even had suspension seats. And all the other standard equipment on offer for the no badge

(3) Silver (Chrome) = All the bling you can get for this model, Cloth, power windows and mirrors, A/C, Suspension seats, Chrome grill, and bumpers, bucket seats with centre console, imported ones from japan had a ice maker in the centre console, Vacume transfer, Late model ones had a LSD rear end (for what its worth) 13BT turbo diesel or 3F petrol aslo had a choice of the 1PZ in the late models that is a "5" cylinder diesel, 16" wheels I believe as well.

Other options:
headlight washers
Altimeter/temp POD
carpet
suspension seats
PTO winch
Rear Roll bar/seatbelts
Split rear bench
Flares
There also was the factory rear Jerrycan holder which sits on the small door
Elec seats for the top half of the seat to adjust in some zx's
a speed alert over 110kph
Reverse beeper
Door trims that go to the top of the door( no paint visible were ya rest ya arm)
Rear half doors for soft top.

I've heard there were also a list of dealer installed options of bumpers and things like that.

Any other info would be great!

There are over a 1000 different variations and iterations of the 7x.

Going to be difficult to collate them all in one place.

Production numbers will be difficult as well just narrowed down to BJ7x.

Based on Toyota EPC roll bar/seat for BJ7x was only on Australian market cars. As well as fender flares.
JDM BJ7x never had such options

Europe had them also ,I know of several 1986 BJ73's sold new in Belgium with oem flares,rollbars, removable top doors and even the funky striping on the sides, these where LX models but at the same time in our neighbor countries like the Netherlands or Germany the same BJ73 in LX version did not come with any of this. I guess it all was decided by whoever was importing the Toyota's and how they ordered them , not the dealers just the main supplier for each country.

Many of the Belgium HZJ73's I buy have (or sometimes had) flares, removable top doors and rollbar and in the rest of Europe they didn't , that being said after so many years many of the cruisers are no longer in their original countries so the online second hand sites show different results, it is hard to find out in which European country the truck was sold new, I have gotten pretty good at it after 25 years ;)

There are over a 1000 different variations and iterations of the 7x.

Going to be difficult to collate them all in one place.

Production numbers will be difficult as well just narrowed down to BJ7x.

Thats kind of what I was wondering. It seemed toyota went bonkers on available options/variations of the 7x series, I just wasn't about the BJ74 being such a short run if there would be more knowledge of what they had.

Europe had them also ,I know of several 1986 BJ73's sold new in Belgium with oem flares,rollbars, removable top doors and even the funky striping on the sides, these where LX models but at the same time in our neighbor countries like the Netherlands or Germany the same BJ73 in LX version did not come with any of this. I guess it all was decided by whoever was importing the Toyota's and how they ordered them , not the dealers just the main supplier for each country.

Many of the Belgium HZJ73's I buy have (or sometimes had) flares, removable top doors and rollbar and in the rest of Europe they didn't , that being said after so many years many of the cruisers are no longer in their original countries so the online second hand sites show different results, it is hard to find out in which European country the truck was sold new, I have gotten pretty good at it after 25 years ;)

It does seem like trim packages vary wildly from market to market. I guess it's just the same as back in the 90's here, you could order a car, trim level then add a bunch of crap that was OEM.

The BJ74 that I'm getting is an OZ spec LX, 12 volt, chrome badge, roll bar/seat belts, I believe OEM flares, OEM snorkel, A/C 5 speed, non-suspension seats or power, wing windows and no temp/altimeter pod and 16" chrome wheels. It will be interesting when I get it to see what other differences there are. I will start a new thread on it.

There's a guy in town who claims to have a LHD BJ74. I haven't seen the car, and I don't know where it came from, but will update as I learn more about it.
i own the truck. yes it was converted by a member here. Getting completely rewired at the PO didnt do a good job at all. once completed all turn signals and wipers will be as a LHD as well.

she's a nice truck. Completely rebuilt. Beno has seen all the work done to it. locked as well

Interesting this.
Differences from the BJ73 are turbo and lockers added or was there more?
bJ 70/73 are all non-turbo, 3B engine. BJ 71/74 are 13B-T turbo. As to options it usually depends on the specific markets. I can't remember what the soft top 70/73 designation is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom