Bj73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You absolutely correct.
The issue is that people seem to think a clean RHD is worth 40K 🤷‍♂️
Just look at the current postings here on Mud.
I don’t think they’re actually selling but it makes everyone think their rigs are goldplated.

I not sure why people think it’s molested just because it’s a repaint.
Please be more specific
After all your rig has been repainted and I don’t think it looks molested.
No offense intended!!
I skimmed the thread, I don't know if it's molested or clean as a whistle! My point was - without context to this one, there are better options :)

Also, I paid nearly half what this ad is asking, and it was a Japanese paint job!

The LHD FJ73 I owned didn’t have 17 digit vin.
This one does.
Maybe it’s country Related.
The other VM 73 I looked at also had 17 digit Vin

If I could find a clean ME FZJ73 example I would just skip all the shenanigans and register it in Montana

As the driver of a Diesel it's not that bad it's mostly behind you. but if you're on a trail ride with with group anyone behind you probably won't be happy.
Same go's for your passengers if you take the roof off
That being said there was a trail leader at Cruise Moab that was running biodiesel (Vegidiesel) and it smelled just like french fries :)

As the driver of a Diesel it's not that bad it's mostly behind you. but if you're on a trail ride with with group anyone behind you probably won't be happy.
Same go's for your passengers if you take the roof off
That being said there was a trail leader at Cruise Moab that was running biodiesel (Vegidiesel) and it smelled just like french fries :)
Fair enough, but it's not like gasoline exhaust is that pleasant either :meh:

Hello,

The paint job looks suspicious. So do the bolts on the rear door.

Apparently, the black paint fairy visited the frame. This, the paint job and the front grill make me wonder what else is hiding.

An engine swap would add 8k or more to the price, depending on the engine choice and labor costs.

The paint job reminded me of those lipstick-on-a-pig trucks from South America.

I would pass on this truck.

Juan

If you look at vehicles here in the EU you may find a few promising "stories"... the kind that make you want to get on the plane and see for yourself... until you go see them, then the story may change completely to a not so great story... and there is at least a 50% chance for that to happen.
You could choose a reseller (and I've seen there are a couple guys here doing EU - US Imports ) but you have to pay them extra because that's their business and I believe that's fair.
I've been looking at prices for these 7x series Land Cruisers for over 12 years now. I have alerts set for everything that pops up online in Romania/Italy/Spain and I can confirm the prices only go up. What could have been bought a few years back for 5k EURO is now 10k, and for the 5k you can get a little more than a rust bucket.
Original paint vehicles in great shape are harder to find year by year but I also don't understand the hype about original paint. It's just paint... a trained eye will see if done correctly and in some cases it's better to skip the ordeal of paint restoring/sourcing for body parts and just get the repainted vehicle. Unless the pleasure lies in rebuilding it yourself (like most cases on this awesome forum)

Ontopic: the only picture I can see from the red LC is the one with the rubber protection by the front wheel arch, and I don't like what I see. If I still wanted that vehicle I'd negociate ... a lot. But I believe the seller is looking for a buyer who doesn't know much about paintjobs... or LCs

I have looked at and bought many used vehicles in my life time and I see the flaws in this one. and don't need them pointed out.
Two pages of posts and not one answer to the simple question.

How much is it worth 🤷‍♂️

Thank you all for the feedback ;)

How much is it worth 🤷‍♂️

Not a dig at you personally but I do think it is an tough question to answer, particularly now. The importable 70 series market is so volatile right now.

Not a dig at you personally but I do think it is an tough question to answer, particularly now. The importable 70 series market is so volatile right now.
Fair enough

To be fair I told the owner that I thought at the most it was worth 20k he came back at 22K, but I felt that it was still to high that was two week ago.

Fair enough

I will add that I do think too many people are having unrealistic expectations for what they can get for their 70 series. Blame BAT for that, lol.

I hate that BAT is used for trending sales data.

$15... again hard to tell. IF, the body is pretty good and everything "works" that would be a fair price for a LHD 70 series that the engine will need replaced sooner than later. They are selling for around that even on BAT with original paint so it's a hard sell for me on a know engine swap.

I know of a BJ73 restored by an aquaintance, all works documented on a local forum (all body work has been done with a lot of patience and the necessary skill, with lockers and a winch, interior restored too, and a historic vehicle title which means no tax at all and cheap insurance) sold a few years ago, now the current seller is asking 14000 Euro after it hasn’t been driven too much, it’s been out for sale for a long time and still hasn’t been sold. So yes, like others have said, not really the best price even if the vehicle would be all functioning as it should.
There is another HZJ73 for 15000, in good working condition, hasn’t been sold either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom