BJ73 or 74 without rear doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone gone with removing the rear doors completely during the summer and replacing with a net? (with FRP top off) If so it would be great to see some pics. Thanks

Has anyone gone with removing the rear doors completely during the summer and replacing with a net? (with FRP top off) If so it would be great to see some pics. Thanks

I've pulled the top the past 2 years. I would highly prefer a full softtop and rear half doors just for the elements. I was planning on finding a minitruck bed net of some sort in the back, but 1/2 doors would be my preference.

Might as well buy a tailgate net, you can find them for less than $20 so it's not like you are out much money at all. Currently I just run without doors during the summer on the back.
This was 2 years ago before my rear tire carrier.
IMG_4909.jpg

I wonder if there is an opportunity to make a few of these.

How much would you pay for a fiberglass swing out tailgate?

I've pulled the top the past 2 years. I would highly prefer a full softtop and rear half doors just for the elements. I was planning on finding a minitruck bed net of some sort in the back, but 1/2 doors would be my preference.

Might as well buy a tailgate net, you can find them for less than $20 so it's not like you are out much money at all. Currently I just run without doors during the summer on the back.
View attachment 2436428
Very functional, thanks for the pic

View attachment 2436428
Very functional, thanks for the pic

I wonder if there is an opportunity to make a few of these.

How much would you pay for a fiberglass swing out tailgate?
Not sure, I'd be looking for minimal investment at least for a few years.

I'm getting stalked by someone on Instagram whose username is 'topso.ft' who got looped into another comment I made as a vendor making softtops. They're out of UAE but worth looking at as an option I wasn't aware of previously.

[I obviously have no stake in the above reference, just passing along as coincidence of seeing this thread asking about soft tops.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom