BJ73 or 74 without rear doors (1 Viewer)

Has anyone gone with removing the rear doors completely during the summer and replacing with a net? (with FRP top off) If so it would be great to see some pics. Thanks

FJBen

SILVER Star
Has anyone gone with removing the rear doors completely during the summer and replacing with a net? (with FRP top off) If so it would be great to see some pics. Thanks

I've pulled the top the past 2 years. I would highly prefer a full softtop and rear half doors just for the elements. I was planning on finding a minitruck bed net of some sort in the back, but 1/2 doors would be my preference.

Might as well buy a tailgate net, you can find them for less than $20 so it's not like you are out much money at all. Currently I just run without doors during the summer on the back.
This was 2 years ago before my rear tire carrier.
IMG_4909.jpg

I wonder if there is an opportunity to make a few of these.

How much would you pay for a fiberglass swing out tailgate?

I've pulled the top the past 2 years. I would highly prefer a full softtop and rear half doors just for the elements. I was planning on finding a minitruck bed net of some sort in the back, but 1/2 doors would be my preference.

Might as well buy a tailgate net, you can find them for less than $20 so it's not like you are out much money at all. Currently I just run without doors during the summer on the back.
View attachment 2436428
Very functional, thanks for the pic

View attachment 2436428
Very functional, thanks for the pic

I wonder if there is an opportunity to make a few of these.

How much would you pay for a fiberglass swing out tailgate?
Not sure, I'd be looking for minimal investment at least for a few years.

loeky

SILVER Star
I'm getting stalked by someone on Instagram whose username is 'topso.ft' who got looped into another comment I made as a vendor making softtops. They're out of UAE but worth looking at as an option I wasn't aware of previously.

[I obviously have no stake in the above reference, just passing along as coincidence of seeing this thread asking about soft tops.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom