BJ45 troopy! ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guy's I came across this photo of a BJ45! A 4 cylinder diesel troopy

I have never heard or seen one of these before in Australia! !

Were they ever sold in Australia, ?

ToyotaLandCruiserBJ45.jpg

Cool ... As slow as my 42 is bet that's suck on the hwy :lol: ... Yet I still want it

Last edited:
I dig the hand made sign denoting the 3b engine!

Those are cool, I'm waiting on one here in the states and hopefully pull the trigger next month. I've heard over and over how slow these are so turbo may be first addition:bounce:

I asked same thing regarding the US and didn't get a response. Good luck hopefully you get more than I did.

Hello,

It appears they were sold almost exclusively in Europe. Australia got the HJ47.

Juan

Australia had h and 2h for troopy diesels have seen swapped in 3b an 13bt ones the only way to get a smaller engine

Yeah no 4 cylinder LWB trucks here. Europe, Mongolia, Canada [BJ60] etc.

Ahh ok mate..I do wounder why we did't get the BJ45 Troopy IN Australia:confused:

Cos European's like slow trucks:lol:, we got hj45's with the H engine and the hj47's with the 2H instead, we got the 3B in the Bj42 though... I wonder if they got wagons with the B engine? Now that would be what you call slow...

Check out a BJ60.

We got BJ45's back in the day the Chilean army bought a few. Mine used to be one of them now runs a healthy 2F with H55f

hi there all

i have had a dozen or so BJ45 and they will do 85mph but it's a bit like listening to lump hammers in a cement mixer,,,just remember they are 3500cc the Landrover of the day was only 2500cc and was utter s***

i buy them for customers but good ones are very rare, best come fom fire service but there are very little left now

by the way if anybody wants a LHD BJ45 speak to Abe I am sending some to him including the best ex Fire truck ever with only 35miles on it from new one owner, i doubt we will ever find another like this, even has factor winch and PTO

I also owned one, a LHD BJ45. It was an original Landcruiser sold in the Netherlands, and not exported. A lot of them were exported to Africa, that happens a lot here. At least with Toyotas.

By the way, it might be slow, but it gets you everywhere! I've driven the BJ45 for 50.000km through Asia (from Europe, overland). I even took it up to 17,000feet (5500 meter +) altitude and it was still working fine! (ok there is little air so little power, but it keeps going)

northeastturkey.JPG

pakistan-kkh-lakesaifulmulut.JPG

Mate that's a nice truck and cool pictures, wish I could go do a bit of exploring

What everyone forgets about the bj45 is it has the same 3500 engine as the turbo bj71 so it just makes sense to put a turbo in it and get more power better performance and fuel economy, then if there is a 5 speed box on it as well you have a hell of a tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom