BJ42 dash board pics? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have had that same speedo setup in a couple cruisers over the years...
kind of wished i would have kept one... didn't realise how unique they were at the time...

My 81 BJ42 has the rectangular dash glow switch (stock item) as well as the reverse ignition switch glow position. Not sure if this is a Canadian bj42 1981 only setup, but mine is stock this way.
BTW my 81 also came with the side window defrost tubes mentioned above.

Cheers

I think the reverse ignition switch for glow is early 42, and bj40. my 79 had it.

Much preferred that system to all the fancy whizbangs ,relays, timers and crap on the newer stuff.

eleblanc, nice Saab seats.

Here is my truck 83 BJ42, top left knob is not OEM, but was added for the fog lights. Don't know what ever was there. I didn't have the clock so i installed the arb lockers switch there, they fit nicely. I also have 3 sportcomp autometer gauge now, not shown on those old pictures. I don't have the rpm on the left side of the cluster. Instead i have window defrost tube, something i never seen on a other BJ42 from outside canada.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Hey eleblanc, nice Saab seets. Look like they are out of a 900?

Best,

T

Hey eleblanc, nice Saab seets. Look like they are out of a 900?

Best,

T

Yes SAAB, i don't know which model they are from but they are confy. The driver side has stitch? (sew) going away so i need to find someone to sew those again.

Also i need to update those old picture, i have 4 more gauges now!

some camera pics

I'll take better pics if needed...
an 82 BJ42 RHD Aussie

hope these pics look better on your screen...
dash1.jpg
dash2.jpg
dash3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom