BJ 74 winshield Frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help! I have just taken out the windshield frame of my BJ 74, un-beknown to me, it was totally rusted out at bottom. :frown: If any body has one that the bottom is still in good shape, please contact me. ( one off of a roll over would be fine as top is not important.)

Last edited:
All of the fold down windshield frames are rusted on the bottom, unless they were rust-proofed when replaced last time. It's just a question of degree.

I believe that Mustang in Armstrong, BC normally stocks the frames, and ships them over from Japan in vehicles they bring in, so their freight cost to Canada is much lower than the other alternatives. When I bought mine two years ago, the landed cost was in the $500 range.

IMHO, by the time you mess with putting two used rusted frames together, and then do the prep and paint, you will have spent about the same money for a substandard fix. And you or the next owner will be repeating that fix down the road. Do it right, and do it once!

HTH's

Jim

PS - PM me if you need contact info for Mustang.

Interesting,

I just found water on the floor in my cruiser after a big rain. It's rained harder since and no sign of water so I'm wondering where its coming in from.

Might be time to remove and redo the windshield gasket.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the info on the frame, I will contact Mustang to see what $$ they are comeing in at now, perhaps some earthquaked ones ... As for leaking windshied, my 1997 FZJ 80 is leaking between the glass and rubber gasket, this windshield was put in in Oaklahoma last summer, I am suposeing they figure due to ther lack of rain they did not need to put urathane in the seal??? any way, its comeing out next week to be repaired properly before the floor rusts out.

Uh-oh, just got in my truck and found a nice little puddle in the passenger side... Looks like its seal time!

I'm ordering weather-stripping for the windshield and other rubber stuff from jcruisers

Just got quoted with engineering drawings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom