Bison Gear Install (Wasting Time In The Woods Video) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
We're getting serious about organization this week with a Bison Gear Molle System install. We added side Molle panels, a gear shelf, a cargo divider, and a full-sized drop-down table to the back of our GX 460. Everybody loves it, except Blazer... because it looks like a dog jail.

Having a shelf and those rear quarter MOLLE panels has been huge in storing gear. I keep my tools and some recovery gear up there.
Regarding your use of thread lock, if you're concerned about loosening nuts, I often use nylon insert lock nuts, sometimes called aircraft lock nuts (for obvious reasons). they are a lot easier to use if you ever have to R&R anything.

Also, for the rattle that you had with your previous folding shelf, you could have added a simple adhesive backed soft rubber bumper. When closed the shelf would squish the bumper against the rear door, result, no rattling. If you start to get any of that with your Bison shelf, you may want to consider that also.

BTW, another fine video production.

@jakemccurdy Another awesome video. I just wish you had done this before me so that I'd have your install for reference. I'm jealous that Bison Gear changed the MOLLE window panel lower mounts. The ones you installed are much easier and sturdier. I had to remove the entire rear side panels to bolt L brackets to the plastic. Mounting to the existing bolt location is so much better. I may have to see if I can upgrade to the new brackets.

@sheptastic @r2m Thx! wish I could make them more often.
you could have added a simple adhesive-backed soft rubber bumper.
It had rubber pads, but because the offset between the bracket and table was .75" on each side, the cotter pins allowed too much deflection. In any event, I'm glad to have upgraded because the Bison gear latch system is rock solid.
The ones you installed are much easier and sturdier.
Yeah, pulling that panel just for that bracket would have sucked. I pulled mine for the platform build and know how much of a pain that is. The bolts do a pretty good job, but they're fine thread, so you have to be careful not to over-tighten.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom