Bilstein Shock Part Numbers that are Comparable to OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suzuguru

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm planning to purchase some Bilstein Shocks for my 1980 40, and I'm wanting to get some that are comparable to OEM with no lift. For the rear, I came up with a 24-002585, but I'm also finding a 24-002561. The front that I've found is a 24-002486, which leads me to believe that I need the 24-002585 for the rear. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Doesn’t have the part numbers listed, but CityRacer sells both the 4600s and 5125s that’ll fit stock height.

Thanks for the link. I saw those on there the other day, but noticed that they were considerably more than purchasing them on ebay. Free shipping on ebay, not sure about Cityracer. The ones listed below would be for the front.

Why not just get the OEM iterations from Toyota?

Depending on the price, I might do that. I guess I’m just used to getting Bilstein’s.

I just went to the Bilstein site and found the following information for a 1980 FJ-40 (various shock models).

Thanks! I was able to get the info that I need out of that. now I’ll see if I can find the OEM Toyota part numbers so I can check the price on those.

Not to thread jack, but I was considering replacing my OME shocks on my '79 with Bilstein 5100s. My question is where do I find the matching steering stabilizer shock? I've seen the Bilstein 5100 shock packages, but it only comes with the 4...

I just called one of the local Toyota dealers, and they said the rear shocks have been discontinued. They probably cross over to another Toyota, but I wouldn’t know what.

I just called one of the local Toyota dealers, and they said the rear shocks have been discontinued. They probably cross over to another Toyota, but I wouldn’t know what.
Rear shocks may vary depending on where the mount is on your axle. Some mount on the spring perch, others mount off the u bolt plate below the spring.

I think KYB makes the Toyota shocks, I used KYBs in the back because theres not much weight and I wanted that soft. They were black, made in Japan and look to be the same font on the stamping.

Rear shocks may vary depending on where the mount is on your axle. Some mount on the spring perch, others mount off the u bolt plate below the spring.

I think KYB makes the Toyota shocks, I used KYBs in the back because theres not much weight and I wanted that soft. They were black, made in Japan and look to be the same font on the stamping.

Cool. Thanks!

Since the Toyota rear's are discontinued, I think I'm going to go with the KYB's, since they are made in Japan. They are also priced really good. Does anyone know where I can get new washers and castle nuts for all 4 shocks? Some of my stuff is missing, and I would just like to replace all of it.

I just saw where Cruiser Outfitters has the OEM Toyota Shocks for approx. $60 each. They also have the Tokico Japanese Aftermarkets for about $37 each. That's a pretty significant price difference. I just wonder if it's worth the extra cash to get the Toyota name stamped on it. They said they also have the hardware.

I just saw where Cruiser Outfitters has the OEM Toyota Shocks for approx. $60 each. They also have the Tokico Japanese Aftermarkets for about $37 each. That's a pretty significant price difference. I just wonder if it's worth the extra cash to get the Toyota name stamped on it. They said they also have the hardware.

All the hardware for sure. We've stocked Bilstein options for many years too. Tokico stuff has been tough to get the last few years, so we've leaned into OEM Tokico's and KYB for stock apps.

I saw the KYB’s on ebay for really cheap, but I didn’t know if I’d be kicking myself later for not getting an OEM shock since my 40 is pretty close to factory.

I saw the KYB’s on ebay for really cheap, but I didn’t know if I’d be kicking myself later for not getting an OEM shock since my 40 is pretty close to factory.

Absolutely do the OEM, no sense having second thoughts over $50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom