Bike inside a Troopy. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
We have been having a local cruiserhead debate about fitting a mountain bike inside a Troopy standing up without taking the front wheel off. Is it possible? One of our bonehead friends wants to build up a Sprinter moto/bike hauler. Right, @bottombracket ?

Last edited:
i posted the pic you seek in my little pathetic Troopy owner thread, if i was better about maintining my pathetic thread you wouldnt be having that debate,,, you would have simply showed the proof.

but i'm not good at updating my thread, so you didnt know, and i'm sorry for the trouble ive caused you.

1699571401276.png

I use to fit 4 bikes and my 3 sons in the troopy when they were younger. 3 mountain bikes ,one bmx. Has all original side fold up seats .
Another time double queen mattress, big christmas tree and my 3 sons. Or another time the whole soccer team.

Or 600 l water tank. Regularly carry 3m lengths of lumber and a 100 bricks with my camping gear, chainsaw stuff and tool boxes of late. gotta love them.

Just personal preference. Takes time and I'm lazy. I did that with my HZJ80.
IMG-20221109-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20221109-WA0003.jpg

Thanks. It sort of contains the bike stuff in one area.

Get a small enclosed trailer that holds everything associated with your bikes . Always have spares with you and extra gear and a turbocharged HZJ73 could pull that little trailer with ease ..........just saying ;)

@FJBen Man do I ever love how your truck is set up. That's the bees knees right there if you live in a semi arid environment or have a garage and a daily driver.

Thanks!
It’s a pretty flexible setup the 73/74 series. I get troopy envy a lot, but pulling the top off sure seems to help with the envy.

Hard top on for the winter though…we get a bit too cold here to leave the soft top on all year without damaging windows and such.

Yep and when I hop up inside what feels like an aircraft carrier and try to back it down the driveway I miss my little BJ73. My granny always told me: "Don't look for happiness in this life." ;)

Thanks!
It’s a pretty flexible setup the 73/74 series. I get troopy envy a lot, but pulling the top off sure seems to help with the envy.

Hard top on for the winter though…we get a bit too cold here to leave the soft top on all year without damaging windows and such.
After driving 70 series for the past 30 years and having owned almost every different variant of them I would say the 73/74 is the ideal platform unless you are planning that 3 year long trip around the world then I would get another troopy again . For daily driving /weekend warrior stuff the 73/74 makes the most sense.

I will throw in some pics from the past. I used to ride a road bike for a little but quit after almost getting run over.

PZJ70 with bike inside (back seat removed)

bike.jpg

Same bike in my old FJ73 (with a back seat). Tight fit.

bike2.jpg

Glad you didn't get scraunched. Get yourself a gravel/back country bike and hit the dirt, farm, and forest service roads. You'll go all day and see maybe 2 cars. Pretty sweet.
Around TX the sxs will get you on the gravel roads , especially when they are in large groups and fueled up already . When riding single track I am always very careful if there are full with connection trails where the single brain cell sxs are trying to impress their buddies !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom