big SUA lifts and steering questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
Been searchin' and searchin' all over the damn place all day today to find info regarding steering issues and 5 or so inches of lift SUA.  Is there going to be issues with steering when a cruiser is lifted this much?  The cruiser in question is my FJ60.  I am getting 4 inch Alcan springs and longer than stock anti-reverse shackles which will net a total 5 inches lift for my cruiser.  Also going to be running 35x12.5 tires.  I know there is added stress etc to the steering components, but I am wondering if bump steer will appear or anything else.  I will be getting beefed up steering, but just not right off the bat (gotta save up the pennies again for it...).  Anybody think there will be any issues?  If so, what should be done to minimize the issues? Anybody got any suggestions?  

What about pinion angles?  Will the springs just need shimmed (I think the alcans may already be shimmed...)?

P.S.  I was going SOA, but found a sweet deal on the springs and shackles and with the amount of work I WON'T have to do to put them on and amount of $$$ one might spend (vs. an SOA project)...my mind is made up--there's no question.  This rig is my DD.  So anyway, don't bother this thread with off-topic stuff please...  Thanks.

longer shackles will make your caster out of wack you will need shims for the front (4 degrees? or more) put the shims in with the thick end to the front. it must be done with 35s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom