BIg News! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BIG NEWS AND A BIG YES:D finally back after our adventure!

We have been on a 3 week vacation and just got back last night. We started our journey in FLagstaff with Rebecca's mother...tons of beer and partying to start it all off right hehehheh, she is doing well and enjoying life in that awesome town!

We traveled to the beautiful hills of OUray colorado for the FJ Summit 08. Where we took tons of pictures while I lead trails through the spectacular San Juan range. Met some fantastic folks......and saw some old friends, it was an unbelievable experience...the memories will last a life time, cant wait till next year!

After that we went to MOab Utah for an event called Moab Mayhem (which was put together by one of my 4x4 clubs FJCCentral.com) our local buddy Mike from SAlt Lake was to take us on some trails. When we met up with everyone in the morning he asked me to take charge (which was a nice gesture after my HELLS GATE mishap last year LMAO check youtube for TrAiLbUs1 :lol::lol:)We brought 10 fj's up gold bar rim without any real issues except one broken rear shock on a rig..but that was replaced within minutes since i brought a spare stock one. We had dinner with our friends that night, and talked tales of the trail... GOOD TIMES.

The next morning we were scheduled for the raffle, which would be held on the top of a trail called ON TOP OF THE WORLD. Little did many know what the day held in store....for half a year myself and my good friend Rich from FLorida have been planning this. On the way up to the top, a front axle broke on Rich's rig (total fluke) we disassembled the axle and he limped to the top of the trail. We got to the top and it was an amazing day...gorgeous clouds with a storm over the distant La Sal mountains.

Everyone received a ticket for the raffle and it began.....people started winning items...except for myself, which no one noticed hehehheh! The last ticket was to be drawn and the prize was a toyota keychain box (with a ring hidden inside)...Rich called out the number....I walked up received my prize...turned to my love Rebecca and got down on one knee, exposing the ring....WILL YOU MARRY me I asked...with the biggest smile on her face and looking like she was going to faint she replied YES!!!!!!! After 9 years of living together we final are taking a step further and couldn't be happier! Now we can always say we were engaged on TOP OF THE WORLD:cheers:

The question!

Moab1.jpg

The answer!
Moab2.jpg

Result :lol:
Moab3.jpg

and some wheeling of course! Gold Bar Rim bump!

Moab4.jpg

Check out more pictures on our new website

PhotoReflect - Rebella Photography

Cheers to everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know:grinpimp: Hope everyone is doing well!

Jake and Rebecca
TrAiLbUs1 and TrAiLbUsTy1

Thats fxxxin awesome bro!! Congrats to both of you! When you coming over for beer?

Very cool man!

Wow, what a way to pop the question (to think I used roses and chanpagne).....congratulations!!!

ya, she caught it.

the full story: i was taking a nap after work the day that i picked the ring up. i had it hidden in my bag next to me, and i woke up to her rustling around in the bag, then trying to walk away like she didn't see anything. so i said, "if you want it that bad, then here!" and threw it at her.

best part of the story is five minutes later my sister called to talk about how i was supposed to propose, because she was talking to my mom and they were afraid i was "just going to throw it at her."

ya, she caught it.

the full story: i was taking a nap after work the day that i picked the ring up. i had it hidden in my bag next to me, and i woke up to her rustling around in the bag, then trying to walk away like she didn't see anything. so i said, "if you want it that bad, then here!" and threw it at her.

best part of the story is five minutes later my sister called to talk about how i was supposed to propose, because she was talking to my mom and they were afraid i was "just going to throw it at her."

There's worse ways. Try drunk and naked. Worked for me.

Oh, and congrats!:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Very cool...

Congrats :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

CONGRATS!!!

And great story

Thanks fellas...that story from a.mus.ed is hilarious:lol:

well she read on another forum about half a year ago by accident that I was going to propose on Imogene pass (a place we have been going to for years) in colorado...she later told me she read that and I said FAWK now where am I going to do it?... Mt Everest:lol: I also joked about proposing to her on HELLS GATE bwhahahahahahahah...you could imagine her reaction to that! SO I got the best of both worlds ON TOP OF THE WORLD and our other favorite spot MOAB she is one cool ass chick and we have been through hell and back and survived! As many of you know she joins almost every wheeling expedition and documents the entire thing...the love of my life...we make one hell of a team!

Wedding will be at Alta Lakes above Telluride next summer..to compensate for the imogene proposal mistake:lol: all is well. Thanks again everyone! Alvin I will take you up on the beer brah....so when are we wheeling?

Anyone heading out to Chiva FAlls tomorrow night? 6 oclock at the circle k if anyone would like to join our night run on the upper loop.

i can't make it tomorrow night, already have plans. congratulations again and good luck with the wedding planning - we're in the middle of it now. at least you have the cake tasting to look forward to!

Congrats and best of luck to you!

congratulations! after nine years of sharing the same space and still wanting to get married I'm sure you'll spend the next ninety finding things that make you both laugh.

p.s. if you find my cruiser I'll go with you tomorrow night.

LMAO!!! Ohh man just heard you found the rig!!

thanks for the congrats..that night run was nuts...we did the chute at night up and down..I ran the middle section like nothing at 12:30 am :cheers: good times I'll post up pics soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom