BFGoodrich KO3 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hands down my go to tire as well. Got them on three vehicles and a trailer at the moment.

Agreed - I’m on my second set. People love to hate on the KO2 for some reason but I love them. This week with all the snow and ice all over Portland, everyone else is using chains but the KO2’s are just cruisin’ around with no drama. Just aired down a bit and went to run my
Agreed as I’m on my second set as well and have about 40k on them. Will be replacing with a 3rd set in another 10k

Agreed as I’m on my second set as well and have about 40k on them. Will be replacing with a 3rd set in another 10k
I was thinking about switching to Michelin Defender……but my KO2s at 45k miles are still super. So, i will probably buy another set or KO3 if available in stock size.

There are arguments to be made that the current KO2 is unrivaled in being a true AT. TBH, i don’t see many good options out there.
Toyo Open Country ATiii
Falken Wildpeak
Micky Thompson Baja Boss
General Grabber come to mind. They'are all 3pms rated, which is what I would ook for to compare to a KO.

I'm definitely not a BFG hater. I rand the KO(1) for many years on my FJ60, FJ62 and mini truck. That was a good tire and I'm sure the KO2 was better (certainly looks better), but I never used it. And I bet the KO3 will be good too. I'm just saying if you need tires, there's plenty available that will get the job done. Why wait? My Pro Comp AT Sports were awesome also and good in the snow, despite not having the 3pms rating.

Toyo Open Country ATiii
Falken Wildpeak
Micky Thompson Baja Boss
General Grabber come to mind. They'are all 3pms rated, which is what I would ook for to compare to a KO.

I'm definitely not a BFG hater. I rand the KO(1) for many years on my FJ60, FJ62 and mini truck. That was a good tire and I'm sure the KO2 was better (certainly looks better), but I never used it. And I bet the KO3 will be good too. I'm just saying if you need tires, there's plenty available that will get the job done. Why wait? My Pro Comp AT Sports were awesome also and good in the snow, despite not having the 3pms rating.
At3 has been reviewed extensively by professionals. Not very good on-road. Noisy. Bad in wet. Pretty shocking because two independent reviewers came to the same conclusion!

Falken. Heavy as heck due to cheap steel plies. Thin sidewall.

No opinion on the other two. I have used General tires for my other car. I hate them. Cheap. Bubble sidewall. I will never buy that brand again.

KO2 is pretty much unrivaled as a true AT. Hopefully KO3 won’t be wimpified.

Last edited:
IMG_1063.PNG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG

Dude on ford site says BFG HQ told him on phone April 1 launch. April fools possibly but who knows. That is what he was told though. Take it for what it's worth.

I like the looks of it.

I am on my second set of K02's I converted a while back to RW's and 285/70-17's . They have gotten noisier over time but not MT level. I was looking at another brand for my next set. I want it all a little better mud performance and less road noise.

I am on my second set of K02's I converted a while back to RW's and 285/70-17's . They have gotten noisier over time but not MT level. I was looking at another brand for my next set. I want it all a little better mud performance and less road noise.
Better mud performance AND less noise are two things that go against each other. Can’t have both at the same time. Mud performance requires large void in tread which creates noise.

Couple more in the outdoors sunlight
50634629-D333-4D65-B7A3-36E4FE28CC22.jpeg
EF1E7C1F-6AC8-432F-BF2F-CC038FCDEA2F.jpeg

Driving.ca shout out

Hmm, the past two weeks, BFG has put KO2 on sale for $150 off (along with other BFG tires). Getting rid of KO2 stock??

woah, somehow I missed this. new K03's coming huh? the KO2 has been out for how long? maybe 11years?

I drive my trucks so little that my BFG's usually need to be replaced due to time more so than miles. I would assume these new KO3's will be nice, I've always liked any BFG I've had, but that being said I've not run anything else since 1992. I think there are so many cool options out there, I just can't switch, to me no-one does the sidewall to tread tansition like BFG, I guess I'm just a fan.

the side biters on the KO3 look like the biters on my set of KM3's.

It’s a great looking generational continuation true to the original. I do need to grab another spare for my motorcycle trailer before the KO2’s disappear.

Natural rubber supplies world wide are severely constrained. Expect more tire supply shortages as auto production increases.
Its crazy how much tire prices have gone up in the last couple of years. Of course you could say that about just about everything I guess.

Hope they got my next size! 34x10.5r17 preferably C load but id settle for D.

Just looked at the BFG website and they have it listed on their all-terrain page at the bottom:

The only problem is that it says that it's
"Available EXCLUSIVELY on the new 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD & 2024 GMC Sierra HD models

Tire Size - LT275/65R20"

:frown:

Just looked at the BFG website and they have it listed on their all-terrain page at the bottom:

The only problem is that it says that it's
"Available EXCLUSIVELY on the new 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD & 2024 GMC Sierra HD models

Tire Size - LT275/65R20"

:frown:
Looking at the tread pattern, it looks like diagonal grooves cross the tread blocks versus the random pattern on KO2. Wondering if this is designed to improve on road wet performance? I’m no expert on this at all, but circular or diagonal channels for water are a feature of most tires that have tested well in the wet. Hopefully the KO3 is improved in rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom