BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
I'm thinking about buying the new Bfgs. Anybody running these? :confused:

I havent even read reviews on them yet other than ones that BFG themselves has put out.

good luck sourcing a 16" in these I heard it might be 8 months to get em from everyone I called.
Do have a lead on some?

good luck sourcing a 16" in these I heard it might be 8 months to get em from everyone I called.
Do have a lead on some?

Have you checked with 4wheel parts? They keep sending me e-mails, they better have them or I'll be real mad. :mad: :D I'll give them a call tomorrow.

No 16" sizes before next fall. :frown:

No 16" sizes before next fall. :frown:

A tragedy having to wait a year for more BFG tires :flipoff2:

What is supposedly new about these things? A compound that is worth something besides treadlife? A tread design that departs from the 1980's MT? A low price? Magic?

Seems like excitement about BFG tires is like excitement about your high school girlfriend. It was good at the time, but isn't it time to move on?

The KM was all about "Digger Lugz". Might as well grow a mullet while you're at it.

I just put the BFG MT KM (not KM2) tires on my 4Runner and I think they are considerably better on the road than the old MT (or AT for that matter as I have had both). No noise, good traction on wet asphalt.

They certainly look the part for off-road but I must confess that I haven't tried them yet.

You might consider them versus the KM2's as the supply might be better.

they look like the BFG Krawler w/ some siping, cool but damn pricey!!

I just put the BFG MT KM (not KM2) tires on my 4Runner and I think they are considerably better on the road than the old MT (or AT for that matter as I have had both). No noise, good traction on wet asphalt.

They certainly look the part for off-road but I must confess that I haven't tried them yet.

You might consider them versus the KM2's as the supply might be better.
Thanks. I'm currently running these on one of my 80s but haven't got a chance to run it in deep mud yet. I'm satisfied with it overall.

I have them but I also put 17s on as well so I didn't have to contend with the 16" problem.

I'm running 37X12.5 and they drive great. I haven't really had a chance to get them out wheeling as of yet since the rest of the lift has yet to be installed and I can't flex much without rubbing at the moment.

They are great on the road but that about all I can say right now.

Some observations...

As far as expensive?... they are on par with others that are comparable at least in 37s. I dind't check smaller sizes.

The compound seems pretty soft. I have no idea how they are going to wear but thay should grab rocks well.

They do have more siping than the Krawler but not much. I am wondering what they will be like in ice/snow. Should be as good or better than the old BFG muds though... We'll see here soon I'm sure

I wheel with a fab shop owner who runs the new BFG's on a modified 4-runner. He's very happy with them and regularly conquers obstacles I think any 80 driver would consider extreme. Whether it has anything to do with the tires is a different story. He's getting good wear from them as well. I think my Toyo's have more impressive sidewall tread.

Euclid has them in 16" rims.... he's even got FZJ rims on his 62

Checked with 4Wheel parts today and found out a 4 to 6 weeks backorder on the KM2s. I probably have a better chance finding Toyos this time. I'm not holding my breath though. :D

I probably have a better chance finding Toyos this time. I'm not holding my breath though. :D

Gateway Tire in Texarkana was able to locate Toyo's for me when no one else seemed to be able to. 903.791.1970

Thanks for the info MoJ.

Go Trxus and don't look back.

Yeah!... Swampers rules! :D

P4W&OR just did a test w/'em about a month old now,....try there.

Ultimate Adventure, had Slee's rig in it.....

I'm looking for the next bling too got to keep up appearances you know, just good plane old tires that work are becoming passe

We were supposed to run them on UA2007, but they did not come in time. They did have them on the UA JK Jeep. 42's on 20" wheels. They did pretty good, even in thick, slop mud stuff. Reports were that they did well on the road as well.

UA2007_151.jpg

UA2007_029.jpg

We ran Krawlers. They are simply awsome. Both in DOT and Competition trim.

It looks like the lug spacing is closer than the old BFG's, I'd bet they turn into big mud balls in real mud not Texas sloppy water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom