BFG AT KO2s On '95 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought this Cruiser a couple years ago with 265 75 R16 Michelin LTX M/S 2s on it. They are not light truck rated with a load range. Obviously, the ride is pretty smooth and well balanced. I want to upgrade my traction to BFG AT KO2s. However, in that size they only offer an LT rated tire in load range "E". I would expect a very stiff ride. Anybody running these on a Cruiser like mine? I wonder if simply dropping the tire pressure will keep these tires from riding terribly rough. Seems like a dumb question, but I don't want to spend the money and then be disappointed. Perhaps there is another 16 inch tire size that would work? Thanks for the help.

My 6BT FJ60 is a different animal but might offer some info. I'm running 17" KM2 "D" rated tires. They arrived mounted on the wheels at about 60 psi and did ride rough. Lowered them to 40 psi and the ride improved without hurting mpg. Lowered them again to 32 psi and the ride improved again but mpg dropped from just over 20 to 15. The improvement in ride wasn't worth the fuel and caused me concern as to how much the tires might be flexing so I went back to 40 psi. I was surprised at the difference in mpg given that I ran 31x10.50's for 20 years before the conversion at around 30 psi. Maybe the weight of the 6BT makes the difference?

My 6BT FJ60 is a different animal but might offer some info. I'm running 17" KM2 "D" rated tires. They arrived mounted on the wheels at about 60 psi and did ride rough. Lowered them to 40 psi and the ride improved without hurting mpg. Lowered them again to 32 psi and the ride improved again but mpg dropped from just over 20 to 15. The improvement in ride wasn't worth the fuel and caused me concern as to how much the tires might be flexing so I went back to 40 psi. I was surprised at the difference in mpg given that I ran 31x10.50's for 20 years before the conversion at around 30 psi. Maybe the weight of the 6BT makes the difference?

Yeah, I loved the 31 x 10.50s too back in the day. Wish they made em in 16". I think they'd be perfect for my machine. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Yup, been running these in 305/75/16 for about 2 years now. Great tires, NOT NOISEY at all, and traction is fantastic. Downside? They are heavy, but the durability is amazing. See my build thread for pics.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, but in summation, i love these tires.

The BFG AT KO2 in 275/70R16 is load range D. The size is close to 265/75, but should ride better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom