Beware of austousa PHIL NEWELL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No,neither of those,although,funnily enough,I am about to sell my fully restored 1983 bj42.After all the financial hardship I’ve been put through,I need to sell a couple of my vintage Toyota’s to pay some bills.This time,I will do it myself.My daughter goes to college in the USA and said she can put it on her eBay US account.This time,at least I will have control of the whole process

Have fun selling through Ebay. Fees, scammers, auction balers, unfortunately exist on all platforms and all countries.

Have you any suggestions about somewhere better to try? Ebay over here is pretty much the same.I am not on Facebook or similar.Any help much appreciated,cheers

I have no idea how the fees compare but a few Mud sellers list their items on BAT (Bringatrailer). Some seem to have made their business out of it. I don't know a whole lot about how the platform works but may be worth looking into.

Have you any suggestions about somewhere better to try? Ebay over here is pretty much the same.I am not on Facebook or similar.Any help much appreciated,cheers
I have sold several vehicles via eBay without issue. Including a triple locked 80 that should have sold here in a heartbeat and didn't. Anywhere you look is a crapshoot but I wouldn't write off eBay entirely, it reaches a wide audience. Of course my experience could be unique

Thanks guys.I will list it on both those platforms next week.I am flying over to the USA anyway as my daughter is graduating college,so thought I’d give it a try.

Why not list on Gumtree and sell in AUS directly? Is it really worth all the extra headache to sell in the USA?

And thanks for the heads up about AUStoUSA, I was just about to contact them.

The main reason I want to sell this in the USA,is so I can have an enjoyable memory of doing this,rather than a memory of being ripped off every time I think about it.Of course if I have no luck over there,I will just sell it here in Aust.I now have another contact organised who can do the shipping for me,so let’s see what happens

There’s just something a bit off with this whole thread...

True, but I hope things work out for the guy. Sometimes we trust people we shouldn't. I sold a car to my sisters boyfriend a long time ago, he moved away and never paid me. I can see how someone could end up in this situation. We learn, unfortunately sometimes the hard way.

Hi guys,just an update on my sad arse situation.I have not received ANY money for 3 months from Lawrence Ryan,of usatoaus or austousa.He admitted that he,phil newell and his wife indi,all imported my vehicles into the USA in a dodgy name,they didnt use my name on the import approval,they used their names instead.Lawrence Ryan agreed he stole from us and would make monthly repayments.That all stopped.I sent him a text saying I was going to go onto this forum and update the lousy situation,he threatened me and said basically,if I did that,I wouldnt be getting any money.......So #### him.We are now into 2020.If anyone is interested,go onto the ford forums in Australia and have a look at how many people they owe money to.There are warehouses,currently sitting with cars theyve exported and not paid their bills.They have been impounded for 12 months...

Hi guys,just an update on my sad arse situation.I have not received ANY money for 3 months from Lawrence Ryan,of usatoaus or austousa.He admitted that he,phil newell and his wife indi,all imported my vehicles into the USA in a dodgy name,they didnt use my name on the import approval,they used their names instead.Lawrence Ryan agreed he stole from us and would make monthly repayments.That all stopped.I sent him a text saying I was going to go onto this forum and update the lousy situation,he threatened me and said basically,if I did that,I wouldnt be getting any money.......So #### him.We are now into 2020.If anyone is interested,go onto the ford forums in Australia and have a look at how many people they owe money to.There are warehouses,currently sitting with cars theyve exported and not paid their bills.They have been impounded for 12 months...
Sorry you are having such a rough time with AUStoUSA & Aussie Imports (both are Phil’s). I would think you would be able to file complaints with the attorney general’s office in Washington against Lawrence and Phil. I have used Phil and never will again! Period. I have another vechile ready to ship in VIC and am using a legitimate shipping company out of San Francisco, which I have used before. Phil does not return phone calls. There is NO communications!...only when he wants money. The advocate’s office in the Washington Attorney General Office should be able to help you without legal fees, and can steer you in a direction of a good lawyer if it comes down to it. Some one stated Phil and his wife are religious, what religion - church? Go to the head pastor of that church or head religious leader where Phil worships....if he truly is religious, he will honor that religion. Also research Seattle, Tacoma and Battle Creek, WA news stations, as they may have an advocates division that may help you get your money back, by putting them on the spot via television/news. Cheers, Mate!

Thanks guys.I will list it on both those platforms next week.I am flying over to the USA anyway as my daughter is graduating college,so thought I’d give it a try.
Have you got anywhere with the Newells as I also did the same deal with Landcruisers with this crook.

I have had dealing with them, the short story is... I agreed to sell them two vehicles, they sent a truck to pick them up without any discussion regarding payment.....No money, no vehicles!.....Given the fact they were getting a good deal the funds were transferred within an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom