Best Way To Ship Old School ARB Bull Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering purchasing an old school ARB for my 40, but it is going to need to be shipped. Any ideas as to the best way to go? ForwardAir or ?

Best Way To Ship Old School ARB Bull Bar?

Considering purchasing an old school ARB for my 40, but it is going to need to be shipped, and being that big and heavy I'm trying to figure out how. Any ideas as to the best way to go? ForwardAir or ?

MUDship would be option #1, a guy named "Trulyvintage" does a lot of towing or you might find someone offering a ride from where your item is located; then if you're a member on another 4x4 forum check to see if they have a similar thread in the classifieds section. Beyond that, I've heard Greyhound does freight if the seller is willing to load it. Then you can look at commercial carriers.

MUDship would be option #1, a guy named "Trulyvintage" does a lot of towing or you might find someone offering a ride from where your item is located; then if you're a member on another 4x4 forum check to see if they have a similar thread in the classifieds section. Beyond that, I've heard Greyhound does freight if the seller is willing to load it. Then you can look at commercial carriers.

Thanks, after reading this I just posted a thread there too. The seller is checking into options as well. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone from AZ going to Texas as I think Roundup is next month in Mason.

It's kinda hard to tell which way shipping it is best, as you didn't state where it's coming from.

FA isn't a bad route - they're a customer of mine, so I can probably get you some cheap freight rates on it.

Let me know where it's going and coming to, and I'll get you a quote together!

Jeff

Wrap that sucker in bubble and shrink wrap and stick it on a Greyhound bus.

Greyhound PackageXpress

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I wondered about that option, but can the item shipped exceed the 100lb weight restriction they outline in their FAQ's? I assumed anything shipped would need to go in the underbelly of the bus and I'm not sure about what the Bull Bar weighs?

It's kinda hard to tell which way shipping it is best, as you didn't state where it's coming from.

FA isn't a bad route - they're a customer of mine, so I can probably get you some cheap freight rates on it.

Let me know where it's going and coming to, and I'll get you a quote together!

Jeff

Prescott AZ (or nearest FA terminal) to Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Know FA has a location there as I picked up a 40 hood there a few years back. Think it's still in operation. Thanks for the help Jeff.

I shipped an old school ARB via greyhound - weighed 175 lbs and the package measured about 5x3x1. Cost the buyer 100 clams. Go Greyhound.

**Edit - May have been 150 lbs. Regardless, I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna make it when I carried that thing inside.

Which bumper are you buying? Like the one pictured in this thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/wanted-parts/545673-fj40-arb-bull-bar.html or the earlier one. The one pictured looks like it would be easier to ship then the earlier monster. I doubt Prescott or Flagstaff will have FA. Closest will probably be Phoenix.

I wish I could find the type pictured, but I'm beginning to think not many were sold. It's the one before that one and looks like a guard from a football helmet. The seller told me tonight that UPS wants $118 which doesn't seem too bad. I've got to get him down on the price quite a bit as he is sky high right now. I could damn near buy one of the new ones for what he is asking.

I wish I could find the type pictured, but I'm beginning to think not many were sold. It's the one before that one and looks like a guard from a football helmet. The seller told me tonight that UPS wants $118 which doesn't seem too bad. I've got to get him down on the price quite a bit as he is sky high right now. I could damn near buy one of the new ones for what he is asking.

Did it look like this?

ARB-Bumper.jpg

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/290035-arb-old-style-bumper-catchers-mask.html

78crzr said:
Just like that. Assuming you sold yours since it was 3 years ago?

That wasn't mine.

Sorry, read the thread wrong from my eye-chart sized print on my iPhone. Was trying to get my Mud fix while on a train to Amsterdam. Spent a week in London and Amsterdam without seeing a single Cruiser of any year. Seemed strange. As one would expect, did see a number of Defenders though.

Erik have you exhausted the MUDship idea? Roundup is the weekend after next, maybe March 15 IIRC. Since you know where the bumper is, maybe look at routes that would come through there on their way to Mason, Tx. Then post in some of those club forums. I bet there are guys from Houston going to Roundup that could give it the final ride home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom