Best way to remove old carpet pad... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
worldseasonings.com
So I decided to open up a can of worms. I'm getting my upholstery redone and I'm having a new custom carpet kit made. I basically stripped all the interior out of my truck and now I'm trying to figure out the most effective and safest way to remove the old carpet pad without damaging any of the metal interior? There's absolutely no rust on this girl and I would love to keep it that way. Anybody has any tips or tricks I would love to hear. Thanks!
20220121_160052.jpg
20220121_160703.jpg

20220121_160654.jpg

Good cleaning solution, water, let it soak, scrub brush, plastic scraper, and elbow grease.
Are you having something special custom made for the carpet? Otherwise there are very nice carpet kits available for these trucks that fit proper.

Good cleaning solution, water, let it soak, scrub brush, plastic scraper, and elbow grease.
Are you having something special custom made for the carpet? Otherwise there are very nice carpet kits available for these trucks that fit proper.
Good at it this morning. Gotnthe front cleanedup with a really soft bristled brush but not using that on the metal.

I live right next to Tijuana so I'm able to get Upholstery and carpet done pretty cheap. A buddy of mine had some custom carpet put in and it looks fantastic. It's kind of hard to beat getting all of my foam rebuilt, reusing my original fabric, getting new vinyl on the seats and on the door, as well as a new carpet custom made for my truck all for a $1000.

I used dry ice and a hammer... once the tar is cold/brittle it shatters and easily removed. Doesn't require pounding hard so you're not denting the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom