Best way of protecting my rig on an open flatbed??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
So, @mattressking will be towing my Rig 930 miles from @kelly saad place to @TRAIL TAILOR place for additional work on a flat bed. I want to protect Kellys work as best I can. Any experiene or suggestions protecting a rig when towing on a flatbed appreciated. #Thanks

So, @mattressking will be towing my Rig 930 miles from @kelly saad place to @TRAIL TAILOR place for additional work on a flat bed. I want to protect Kellys work as best I can. Any experiene or suggestions protecting a rig when towing on a flatbed appreciated. #Thanks
I bought some stick on wrap stuff that comes in a roll, pretty heavy duty and effective. Similar to what new cars come with….I’ll post up a link if I can find it.

That being said….the truck is going to be running down a highway just like it would be if you were driving it, I wouldn’t sweat it too much….it’s gonna have bugs, weather and the possibility of a rock chip but that’s any day on the road. Just some food for thought…It’s your investment.

The first scratch is the hardest!

Enclosed is the only way to truly protect.

10 Mil boat shrink wrap...

J
This is the best way👆
I bought some stick on wrap stuff that comes in a roll, pretty heavy duty and effective. Similar to what new cars come with….I’ll post up a link if I can find it.

That being said….the truck is going to be running down a highway just like it would be if you were driving it, I wouldn’t sweat it too much….it’s gonna have bugs, weather and the possibility of a rock chip but that’s any day on the road. Just some food for thought…It’s your investment.

The first scratch is the hardest!
This is also accurate👆

There is some stuff you can buy online to "wrap" the vehicle, but make sure you leave the driver door and all windows uncovered. Don't even think about a car cover. They aren't made to do 70mph and will do more damage than good- not that you mentioned that but you'd be surprised how many do.

This is the best way👆

This is also accurate👆

There is some stuff you can buy online to "wrap" the vehicle, but make sure you leave the driver door and all windows uncovered. Don't even think about a car cover. They aren't made to do 70mph and will do more damage than good- not that you mentioned that but you'd be surprised how many do.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: This actually crossed my mind...car cover than wrap it with the "saran wrap" stuff. REALLY appreciate your input. TY!

Seems pointless to protect it on a flatbed when it’s going to eventually be driving on a highway with zero protection some day anyway.
Well the paint is still “fresh” and might be softer for a few weeks. Not sure what paint is being used. Wrapping your $13,000 paint/body job makes sense. Especially if you haven’t even put your own hands on it yet.

Well the paint is still “fresh” and might be softer for a few weeks. Not sure what paint is being used. Wrapping your $13,000 paint/body job makes sense. Especially if you haven’t even put your own hands on it yet.
Wish it was 13k 😂🤣😄😂🤣🤣🙂🤣

it's been said already, i'm going to reiterate. beg, borrow, rent, not gonna suggest stealing an enclosed trailer. do you know some one in motorsports who has an enclosed. this is their slower time n might willing to rent out.

Personally I wouldn’t really worry about it, I towed my rig with my Tundra from Kelly’s to the Front Range of Colorado with zero drama. Kelly’s paint job will hold up to flat bed towing just fine. Brand new cars move around the country on exposed trailers all the time.

Personally I wouldn’t really worry about it, I towed my rig with my Tundra from Kelly’s to the Front Range of Colorado with zero drama. Kelly’s paint job will hold up to flat bed towing just fine. Brand new cars move around the country on exposed trailers all the time.
the new cars are also protected with 12 mil shrink wrap tho...

Is this going to be a show rig? Going to be auctioned off once completed? If it is a driver again I wouldn’t sweat it. I have bought and sold a good amount of cars over the years and they all arrived on an open trailer without issue. This includes sports cars etc. But if you are losing sleep over the idea that your new shiny rig will get road rash from being on a flat bed then it is best to find a covered solution.

Seran wrap or painters tape it. Mine was just transported across country and while it wasn’t damaged, it had diesel fuel blow by all over it from an 1,800mi trip. It came right off though, but it still nearly gave me a heart attack until I realized it didn’t harm the paint.

What’s that stuff the kids spray on their cars these days to protect the paint between car shows? It peels off easily enough…it’s not a wrap but sort of like a Berliner that comes off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom