Best Seats?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to replace the old bucket seats in my '76 FJ. Any suggestions on the best replacement seating? Any suggestions on replacement/installation issues would be appreciated too...

Ken,
I used the seats out of a Saturn, they're relatively small, good bolsters, headrests. &nbsp:DR's side has adjustable seat height and lumbar support. They probably will require some minor mods to fit to the stock seatmounts, I had to start from scratch because mine had no seats in it when I started.
HTH
Ed Long :)

I used seats out of a Saab900 in my 1968. I also had to start from scratch since I had bench seats to start with. It wasn't all that hard, just made a frame out of square steel tube and bolted the seats to that.

The seats are very comfortable, sturdy, and are even heated but that is not really needed here in Tucson.

Mine are out of an Audi. Ugly but very comfortable. Not so bad now that I pulled some cheap ass covers on the ugly brown.

As far as install...if you go with anything other then stock, plan on doing some kind of modification to get a secure mount. Take some measurements of your current seats ie: track width. See if you can find something with that size, or something that will adjust down to that size. The stock mount is pretty narrow if I recall.

Good luck

$10 pick n pull nissan pulsar seats. Height and lumbar adjustable, with cool headrests. VERY comfortable.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas... Junkyard, here I come.. :D

The only caveat I have to offer is watch the width of the seats. Like if you are now, or are planning on a center console, measure the width you have and measure to the center of the steering wheel, otherwise you might be inadvertantly doin' th' gangsta' lean.
Ed
Thats why I like the smaller seats. :)

The only caveat I have to offer is watch the width of the seats.  Like if you are now, or are planning on a center console, measure the width you have and measure to the center of the steering wheel, otherwise you might be inadvertantly doin' th' gangsta' lean.
Ed
Thats why I like the smaller seats. :)

I meant to mention that in my post. I have one of the CCOT center consoles which is 8 inches. My SAAB900 seats, with the 8 inch console are a perfect fit. They line up perfectly with the steering wheel, and fill out the sides as well. They look like they were made for the cruiser.

i just put corbeau's in my 40 and i love them they are so comfy. i had to do a little mods to but they are nice.

yo fj40crusher thats a nice ass picture

[quote author=lndcrzr71 link=board=1;threadid=32;start=0#msg26966 date=1058303394]

yo fj40crusher thats a nice ass picture
[/quote]

Not near as nice as the whole pic. The rest of the pics on the site are VERY nice.

Very nice seat covers for whatever seats you choose. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom