Best Roof Rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good quality multi-purpose roof rack for my '80 FJ40. Any advice and reccommendations would be appreciated. Expect some trail use and shouldn't need to load much more than 200lbs or so. Don't plan to mount any gas/water cans or spare tire up there. Mainly for luggage, Mt Bikes, and skis. Prefer a mesh floor but not a requirement.

Kaymar's look to have a good design with the solid bar that disperses weight across the whole rain gutter. Kind of pricey though. Safari, Wilderness, and Con Ferr are the others I've seen widely used.

Andrew

I too have been on the search for a decent rack. I have a thule on the wifes car that is great. I've used it a bit on the cruiser, but its a little too contemporary for the nostalgia of a landcruiser in my opinion. It'd be nice to get a nice looking safari type rack, with the possibility of using all the attachements I'm used to on the Thule.

i saw one mentioned on another board -- made by a guy in AZ. let me see if i can find it.

Been happy with my Winderness on my fj80, loaded(over) the crap out of it

If looking for another, I would look at Kaymar/Tradsman, Wilderness or Hanibal(not for a 40 don't think) Seen rust problem on the newish Con Fers(maybe they have it corrected?)

John H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom