Best place to buy brake parts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85roktoy...u da man...I am looking for 4 rear wheel cylinders, brake shoes and rear brake hose/tube...thanks again...

85roktoy...u da man...I am looking for 4 rear wheel cylinders, brake shoes and rear brake hose/tube...thanks again...
No problem! Please correct me if I'm wrong but those things have 2 WC's per side? You said 4? Sorry, I'm not a cruiserhead......yet!

yep...2 WCs per side...

I would only buy brake parts from a few places: Marks Off-road, the dealer, and possibly CCOT or SOR. I've bought crap, CRAP CRAP CRAP from napa, auto-zone and the advance clowns. their tre's are worth the s***ty Korean steel per lb they were made from. DONT SKIMP ON YOUR BRAKES they are the most important part of the truck. Use good parts and do the job right the first time. If you don't know how to do it there are some good threads here and links to other sites for cruiser drum brakes. If you have drums up front get some disc's. the drums in the back are fine for almost all apps. Those things are pretty powerful.

thanks for the heads up...yeah I am going to buy from the Toyo dealership or the others u mentioned...

Older brake parts are expensive especially original. (The only way to go if going that way) May consider disks. Will be more with the older front but your making a large investment with the drums. If your ever going to do it, this is the time. Just something to think about. You will be happier in the end.

can someone tell me how to find cdan to inquire about brake parts..thanks..

His toll free number is 8004326668. Choose option 8 for Dan. If he's not there, leave a message. He's great about returning calls. Nice guy.
Good luck w/the brake parts. The ones for my year are discontinued so I may try to rebuild my frozen cylinders.

Best,

Craig

Swimmin' around the FAQ's and Search... found this and the cool 9mm to 10mm brake line fitting adapter thread too...

Recently did a brake upgrade to my mini-truck and have all these good parts laying around. My son traded my brother out of his stock '69 40. We're trying to get our head around a brake upgrade using what we have.

We have:
'85 Truck Booster, master, calipers, rotors and even a full SFA to pick from. I think I've got a pretty good understanding of the mechanical portion.

The hydraulics I'm still a bit unsure of. I'm specifically looking for a single to dual circuit system conversion, but like with pictures... or in Crayon... JK :lol:

Thanks a bunch.

My thoughts. If you are considering upgrading, plan to change EVERYTHING. That's right. All the wheel cylinders, all the lines, as well as the master. Either do it all the way or leave it stock.

What about switching everything out except the rear wheel cylinders? I figured it'd then match a stock later year cruiser but with early year rear drums. Is this not a good thing?

BTW, I've bought plenty of parts from TPI in nashville. Good folks to work with and closer than CA. ty

Any experience with CCOT brake shoes? I have some sitting here in a box ready to get installed. :frown:
Thx, B.

What about switching everything out except the rear wheel cylinders? I figured it'd then match a stock later year cruiser but with early year rear drums. Is this not a good thing?

BTW, I've bought plenty of parts from TPI in nashville. Good folks to work with and closer than CA. ty

Any experience with CCOT brake shoes? I have some sitting here in a box ready to get installed. :frown:
Thx, B.

Ya'll did see the post date, right? :)

Anyway.... still lookin' for a single to dual circuit conversion thread. Just wanna see what the rest of the kids are doin'.

TRoss, did you do the single -> dual circuit conversion yet? I'm looking at doing that on my 12/69 FJ40 in the next month and want to know of any issues I may run in to.

No, not yet. (you go first! :D) Pulled the 40 hubs apart yesterday. Got the mini stuff cleaned up earlier. Focusing on the axle first...

Was lookin' at the hard lines, fittings etc... they're pretty nasty. Want to try and use what's there in part... but it might not be possible.

I still have to research the booster mounting etc. too... soooo, if you run across a thread.... I don't wanna re-invent the wheel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom