Best mods to improve snow capability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unless you're driving 70 weekly for ski trips :) Don't end up on i70 Things or jerryoftheday!
AT3s (and Falkens, among others) are 3 peak mountain snowflake rated and perform very well in snow. I drive I-70 almost every week.

AT3s (and Falkens, among others) are 3 peak mountain snowflake rated and perform very well in snow. I drive I-70 almost every week.
The cars I’ve seen on 70 that had traction issues were CUV “AWD” types or fwd econo sedans being where they shouldn’t.

Decent tires and a 50/50 split makes a huge difference.

Best antidote for snow, cute gf or wife, roaring fire and a fine single malt scotch. Good reason to stay inside lol

We had no choice due to that timing and drove Frisco to Denver on Monday morning after the storm. We did fine in our 99 but lower sections of 70 and 25 north of thornton was pretty bad in spots. Mostly due to variable packed ice which at times felt like we were driving on 2x4s.

Our neighborhood in Loveland had about 20 inch averages with a few drifts going over 6 feet in yards. Lots of stuck vehicles but low range and keeping momentum worked fine. We did push snow with the skids in several spots.

33" wildpeaks with pretty good tread. Traction control would be nice to have on the slick stuff.

I’ve been pleased with my 33’ BFG KO2’s. They are SOOOO mich better in the snow than the 33’ Toyo Open Country tires I had before. Much more stability and grib in snow. Add a hot heater, and I enjoy taking the beast out to play

651703BB-5A44-4DDA-996E-1B45715557AF.jpeg

Having lived in the snowbelt off and on for 8 years with a cruiser I have a few picture
9B34297D-0996-4A9A-AABF-77DDA5B7B5D7.jpeg

My suggested mod is an exterior hot water spigot on your house, so you can power wash off the frozen
Snot in your wheel well and undercarriage. Second is a second set of wheels with winter snow tires. Personally I have run the Bridgestone Blizzaks in ever winter condition and returned home every time. Enjoy the winter wonderland 🥶 😊 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom