Best AT Tires on 4Runner? - KO2 Thoughts? (2 Viewers)

I would love to tell
How often are you rotating the Duratracs?

I would love to tell you that I did regular rotation, but it was more of a whenever I got around to it sort of thing. Maybe every 2nd or 3rd oil change. Fronts tended to wear a bit quicker than rears, so I tried my best to keep it even.
I usually ran them at 31psi or so, and never really had need to air them down, even in sand etc.

They also make it in C (which I had) and E load ratings depending on your build.

I've owned Duratracs on two 4Runners and they are not good tires. I did regular rotations for both 4Runners (01 & 08) and had uneven treadwear on both vehicles. Two buddies had the same problem on their respective Toyotas. Duratracs are so bad with uneven treadwear that local tire shops are buying them back and giving customers opportunities for new tires. Duratracs are great tires for the first 10k miles and then become annoyingly loud due to tread pattern. I haven't made it to 30k miles on both vehicles. They weren't bad is snow but hot garbage on ice. KO2s to me were slightly better in ice.

I owned several sets of KO2s (01, 08, 18 4Rnrs, and '19 200 series) and I won't say they're the best tire but they do what I need for now. I'm considering Pro Comp AT Sports for my next purchase on the 5th gen. Save yourself the heartache get a long-term proven offroad tire or stick with a brand who's tire has been around for a while like General Grabbers. IMO...

I've owned Duratracs on two 4Runners and they are not good tires. I did regular rotations for both 4Runners (01 & 08) and had uneven treadwear on both vehicles. Two buddies had the same problem on their respective Toyotas. Duratracs are so bad with uneven treadwear that local tire shops are buying them back and giving customers opportunities for new tires. Duratracs are great tires for the first 10k miles and then become annoyingly loud due to tread pattern. I haven't made it to 30k miles on both vehicles. They weren't bad is snow but hot garbage on ice. KO2s to me were slightly better in ice.

I owned several sets of KO2s (01, 08, 18 4Rnrs, and '19 200 series) and I won't say they're the best tire but they do what I need for now. I'm considering Pro Comp AT Sports for my next purchase on the 5th gen. Save yourself the heartache get a long-term proven offroad tire or stick with a brand who's tire has been around for a while like General Grabbers. IMO...
I can't say I've had those issues if I'm honest. My Duratracs wore quite evenly which is interesting considering the rough use I subjected them to. I'm talking two different sets of Duratracs. Annoyingly loud is probably in the eye (ear?) of the beholder, but I found them acceptable even when very worn. Like I said, those tyres got me through some serious mud and some very rough trails/riverbeds etc, so the only reason I'm not running them still is price and local availability.

KO2s and General Grabbers have great reviews, so either would be a fine choice, but I never PERSONALLY owned those so I can't vouch for them.

For less off-road biased ATs, my dad has had Firestone Destination ATs on his Montero/Pajero, and they have been great for many many years, but he doesn't offroad at all besides the occasional gravel etc. No deep mud for him. They have great road manners though which was his primary motivation, while still preserving some "just in case" offroad ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom