Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really please with the results.
20200315_153945.jpg

20200315_153824.jpg

How much extra clearance does this version provide over the older version?

I might be interested in upgrading.
It gives about 1.25 inches of extra clearance.
1584389464999.png

Some more pictures to help visualize the change.

1584390280444.png

Last edited:
How much extra clearance does this version provide over the older version?

I might be interested in upgrading.
I will post the updated version in the previous format once I have the final prototype printed. I am planning to price it at $49. But anyone that purchased the old version can get it with a 50% discount.

I will post the updated version in the previous format once I have the final prototype printed. I am planning to price it at $49. But anyone that purchased the old version can get it with a 50% discount.
Put me down for one of the new ones! The previous version is good but the additional angle will help with viewing the buttons i think!

Put me down for one of the new ones! The previous version is good but the additional angle will help with viewing the buttons i think!

It looks like it should also help with wiring clearance. The bottom two terminal connections on a 5 post rocker are very tight on the old version.

Make 4 V3: Multiple Rock Switches DEEP Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

M4V3.1 Overview of the Final Product

1591337735900.png

BE17CA8A-6353-4C57-AE54-3A802A23A88E.jpeg

1584478265085.png

M4V3.2 Introduction

This make is revised based on M4V2 . Switch pockets are pushed out to give some extra clearance behind the mount. See the following two pictures for comparison between the revised version (M4V3 Red) and the previous version (M4V1 Blue).

1584389464999.png

1584390280444.png

M4V3.3Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Rocker Switches

Panel Plugs

M4V3.4 Purchase Link

$75 + USPS Priority. Printed in tan or grey ABS or PETG. PM for direct Paypal payment.
50% discount if you purchased M4V1 or M4V2.

Last edited:
@BenCC : ever considered a fog light specific to the Morimoto XB universal kit? Something with a more appropriate opening in the back for a nice single output self enclosed light?

I installed the universal one cutting out the back of the reflector housing and got a very nice clean look with great light output. I love what you're doing, but the concern is if I want to fun my fogs while driving, I don't think a lot of those (if any at all) square Rigid Industries style off-road LEDs have good cutoffs and you end up blinding everyone! If I'm wrong, please send a link, would love to find something with a comparable cutoff to the Morimoto! They also have a few different self enclosed options that could fit the space as well.

Just a thought for those of us that use the fogs on the road and want to be conscious of oncoming traffic.

@BenCC : ever considered a fog light specific to the Morimoto XB universal kit? Something with a more appropriate opening in the back for a nice single output self enclosed light?

I installed the universal one cutting out the back of the reflector housing and got a very nice clean look with great light output. I love what you're doing, but the concern is if I want to fun my fogs while driving, I don't think a lot of those (if any at all) square Rigid Industries style off-road LEDs have good cutoffs and you end up blinding everyone! If I'm wrong, please send a link, would love to find something with a comparable cutoff to the Morimoto! They also have a few different self enclosed options that could fit the space as well.

Just a thought for those of us that use the fogs on the road and want to be conscious of oncoming traffic.
Wow nice cutoff. Will consider to mount this kit also.
Added to the first page.

Wow nice cutoff. Will consider to mount this kit also.
Added to the first page.

I've been very happy with them, definitely a great budget option compared to quality pod lights. I like how they sit back deep the reflector to keep everything looking as OEM as possible vs shallow up close to the bumper, almost like the factory LX470 fog lights.

FYI I also just read this thread for all fog light pod replacement options, guess there are some lights with good cutoffs after all!

Reading that makes me think a pair of Rigid SAE approved fogs and a pair of Rigid flood lights (wired to high beams) would be just about the perfect combo in your fog light mounting, but that gets pricey! I'd rather use what I have right now (Morimoto) for a while and have a better mounting solution so I don't have to deal with a fogged up lens all the time.

Can you upload a photo of your setup with this kit? Thanks.

I've been very happy with them, definitely a great budget option compared to quality pod lights. I like how they sit back deep the reflector to keep everything looking as OEM as possible vs shallow up close to the bumper, almost like the factory LX470 fog lights.

FYI I also just read this thread for all fog light pod replacement options, guess there are some lights with good cutoffs after all!

Reading that makes me think a pair of Rigid SAE approved fogs and a pair of Rigid flood lights (wired to high beams) would be just about the perfect combo in your fog light mounting, but that gets pricey! I'd rather use what I have right now (Morimoto) for a while and have a better mounting solution so I don't have to deal with a fogged up lens all the time.
Once the mount is properly designed to fit the bumper, revising it to mount the lights you have should not be a problem.

Once the mount is properly designed to fit the bumper, mounting the lights you have should not be a problem.

You still able to ship product? I'm super bored at home and need to occupy my time installing something....anything. SOOOOOO bored!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom