Bandeirante Bandeirante Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying to get this one sorted out. The lack of original comparables as well as documentation will make the restoration near impossible. The pics you sent are perfect to compare and contrast the components. Just sent you a PM to talk about the importation process.

f46160fd-d35f-45f3-b724-203fc3cd81c1.JPG

@pbgbottle Here two other pics along with the mercedes OM314 engine manual (dont recall where I got it, probably somewhere here OR on the Brasilian 4x4 forum) in case you are interested.

6474063b-2dff-4872-8098-0bb14255484f.JPG

DSC_38583.jpg

Attachments

• Mercedes-Benz-OM314.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
According to their 1993-94 catalogue the ratios of the 5spd gearbox are the same.

Attachments

• 2. catalogo Band PB 1993b-1994a.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 85
According to their 1993-94 catalogue the ratios of the 5spd gearbox are the same.
Dang thanks Greek that was fast! How’d you come across that catalog? I’m looking at a Bandeirante with the 14B and 5sp was curious if they were interchangeable as the h55f is way more common in my parts should I ever need to replace it. Thanks again!

You're welcome mate!
Found it on the internet, I can upload some more...

It seems that the 14B is an excellent engine, one of the best naturally aspirated B-Series engines.
Probably the successor to the 3B engine, if the 40-Series would have been produced in Japan as late as 2001...
Good luck with your Bande hunting!

PS. I like this engine too, fortunately one can find it here in Greece (direct import from Japan-used Dyna engines).

Attachments

• 4. catalogo Band PB 1996-2001.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 3. catalogo Band PB 1994b-1995.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
You're welcome mate!
Found it on the internet, I can upload some more...

It seems that the 14B is an excellent engine, one of the best naturally aspirated B-Series engine.
Probably the successor to the 3B engine, if the 40-Series would have been produced in Japan as late as 2001...
Good luck with your Bande hunting!

PS. I like this engine too, fortunately one can find it here in Greece (direct import from Japan-used Dyna engines).
Dang Greek this is great! Can’t thank you enough for this. Ya the 14B seems like a great little motor I like that the engine can operate at a little higher RPMs, I’ve heard these engines respond well to a little turbo and intercooler as well. Any experience with that?

Dang Greek this is great! Can’t thank you enough for this. Ya the 14B seems like a great little motor I like that the engine can operate at a little higher RPMs, I’ve heard these engines respond well to a little turbo and intercooler as well. Any experience with that?
Hey Greek I have another Bandeirante question for you. If I were to source an air locker to this thing would you happen to know if these run the 9.5 diff and 30 someone axles? I know they are pretty similar to 40s but have their own little quirks abolitionist them. Thanks!

Hello all, greetings from Brazil!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to post a pic of my bandeirante.

It's a 1989 OJ50LVB "Jipe Longo" (mid wheelbase) powered by a turbocharged Mercedes-Benz 314 engine. Upgrades include 37 inch tires, 37/9 rack/pinion differential ratio (to compensate for the much bigger tyres), SOA, snorkel, leather seats, rear mirrors from a Mercedes Benz truck (I'm 6ft 5" and the original mirrors were very tiny for me, especially after the soa conversion) otherwise quite standard rig. The tranny/Tcase are from toyota (syncronized 4 speed), that mated perfectly to the MB engine (the clutch disk and pressure plate are from Mercedes, the rest are from Toyota).

I am owner of this bandy for 7 years, but living at seaside has take its toll on the bodywork. I'm currently replacing the bodywork parts for aftermarket fiberglass ones. The steel parts are quickly becoming beyond any repair. The roof was the first part swapped...

IMG-20211208-WA0014.jpeg

Hello all, greetings from Brazil!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to post a pic of my bandeirante.

It's a 1989 OJ50LVB "Jipe Longo" (mid wheelbase) powered by a turbocharged Mercedes-Benz 314 engine. Upgrades include 37 inch tires, 37/9 rack/pinion differential ratio (to compensate for the much bigger tyres), SOA, snorkel, leather seats, rear mirrors from a Mercedes Benz truck (I'm 6ft 5" and the original mirrors were very tiny for me, especially after the soa conversion) otherwise quite standard rig. The tranny/Tcase are from toyota (syncronized 4 speed), that mated perfectly to the MB engine (the clutch disk and pressure plate are from Mercedes, the rest are from Toyota).

I am owner of this bandy for 7 years, but living at seaside has take its toll on the bodywork. I'm currently replacing the bodywork parts for aftermarket fiberglass ones. The steel parts are quickly becoming beyond any repair. The roof was the first part swapped...

View attachment 2959261
More photos, taken during 2019 "Transcatarina Rally" (a 500 mile long adventure across Santa Catarina state, in Brazil). The front bezel used to be painted in white, but were later reverted to black by mistake (funny long story)😆

11-DougF-_1540.jpg

11-DougF-_3952.jpg

11-DougF-_4146.jpg

12-DougF-_2286.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom