badlands  last weekend of feb. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone interested in running the badlands the last weekend of february. i think its the 27 or 28th. a couple of us michiganders were thinking about heading down for the weekend.

Re: badlands  last weekend of feb.

interested? Heck Yeah!!!

Feb 22-23?
OR
March 1-2? (Friday is Feb 28)

hhhmmmmm....been hoping for an excuse to run down there....this might be it!

Hey Gumby. Where is this, SD? May wanna take a run out cause I gotta go out that way anyway. May crash your party :eek: :D

weekend after the 22 and 23rd.. i thought it was the 28th and 1st.. but i wasnt sure.. i'll be trying very hard to get mine ready.. looong ways to go.. but im really itching to go wheeling. and this is a good motivator. come on cruisers!! lets get a good turnout down there :D

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com
Attica, Indiana

Friday Feb 28th thru Sun Mar 2nd.

hopefully I'll get my junk finished up and can test out the new motor then....

Hey Gumby.  Where is this, SD?  May wanna take a run out cause I gotta go out that way anyway.  May crash your party  :eek: :D

Dunno, never been. I've heard an awful lot about it. It maps out to be about 136 miles from the house, so I oughtta go.
I don't think the 40'll be ready but the 80 needs more stripes. :D

Where is this, SD?

I do believe they are talking about Attica,IN

6 hour drive for me :'( but its worth it

just tell her its another honeymoon and take her along.

Hey Todd - This could turn out to be a good opening outing for the new WCLC. If it helps we can all yell SUPRISE!! when you pull up. See, anniversary party :D

I plan on being there Saturday morning March 1st. I hope to see a lot of people from the Chicago Chapter TLCA / Windy City Land Cruiser club. We had a good meeting the other day so I am looking forward to seeing more Cruisers on the trail.

It was a good time. 3 locked up 80s on some really slippery trails. Melting ice, slick mud over semi-frozen ground and ice that wasn't quite thick enough to support 5000# of FZJ made for some challenges. It amazes me every time I see one climb how capable they are.
The trails were just about empty. It was snowy early and i think that scared folks off. No problem in the 80s though. Good heat, nice leather, Stevie Ray on the CD. It's a bit different than wheelin the topless 40.
Not too much damage to report. Minor dents and scrapes. A couple of damaged mud flaps. I managed to rip one off in the first 15 minutes.
The only major damage was fairly terrible. My hitch cover didn't make it. Unrepairable, but replaceable. I'll probably survive...

I noticed that most people in this group have some major damage themselves ("minor dents and scraps, lost a mud flap") and then refer to a trailer hitch cover as Major damage :D. It's nice to find people of the same caliber so I have someplace to belong.

Yes, we had a blast. The mud added a certain amount of excitment in a few places. NOTE TO SELF: put good boots on with traction BERFORE falling. The ice was also tricky because we never knew where or if it would colapse. We even had a guy out in a stock 80 (yes, that's complete with factory ruuning boards and Mich. tires). He did pretty well, especially concidering the conditions.

Hey Todd, did that thing light up? I'll keep an eye out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom