badlands apex wireless winch controller with a warn M8000 winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I imagine the wiring schematic on this would meet your needs? Let us know. I have a bunch of warns without remotes here ill get to eventually when other trucks are closer to completion. I at one point tried to hide an older version of the hf wireless under the solenoid cover and gave up and purchased the warn wireless remote.
Help me decide on this product: MaySpare 250A Winch Solenoid Relay 12V Winch Relay Contactor with 2Pcs Wireless Winch Remote Control Kit Max. 150ft for 2000-5000lbs ATV UTV Truck Jeep Winches https://a.co/d/5zB5USs

Try this one? Looks like it gives both options, wired and wireless and plugs in like the warn plug with 5 pins.

This video talks about using the Apex with a Warn M8000. Just what I needed and hopefully will help out to others.

What I learned is that the module has a switched power and a constant power pin. I haven't done this yet but I'm thinking I need to connect the two pins together so that the module is ready to operate as soon as you plug it into your winch solenoid plug.

1676571250712.png

Last edited:
This video talks about using the other HF wireless remote (non Apex) to a non Badlands winch.

My bad, didn't see the links. I tried the cheap version and gave up. The $60 version looks more appealing as it ticks 2 boxes, wired and remote. If it wasn't icy out I'd go grab one and give it a shot and report back. The $60 version looks exactly like the warn product I currently have on an 8274 with a 5 pin socket and solid state solenoid.

My bad, didn't see the links. I tried the cheap version and gave up. The $60 version looks more appealing as it ticks 2 boxes, wired and remote. If it wasn't icy out I'd go grab one and give it a shot and report back. The $60 version looks exactly like the warn product I currently have on an 8274 with a 5 pin socket and solid state solenoid.
The one you have from Warn has a D shape socket, yes?

Screenshot_20230216_120755_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have one of these and can use the standard remote if needed..
61b+GUNsNcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

but that remote should work as well.. 8274's normally have a metal push momentary switch on their remotes. Don't think it really matters as long as it sends a signal that isn't constant..

So, it looks like I fried my first HF module by jumpering V+ to Vswitched pins together (two pins marked with red). My thought was to have the two pins be always at +12vdc when I plug the wireless module directly into the winch solenoid pack plug. If I do this again, I'll use a 24awg solid wire next time for the jumper.

When I went to HF yesterday to exchange for my second wireless controller, I looked at the Apex 12k winch that was on the shelf and noticed there's a on/off switch next to the winch plug.

The video I linked above is switching the power with a switch so I'm not sure why I fried the diode below by doing what I did. I need to figure out what to do with this second unit.

The pins are labeled:
V+
J1
OT1
OT2
GND

1676905011800.png
1676905077979.png
1676904916875.png

1676904871768.png

@alia176 any luck with this? I’ve got a warn vr10000 with no controller at all. Was thinking about getting the badlands apex wireless controller just to use for the non-wireless capabilities, but not sure if the plug will work on my winch. Do you know if the plug fits the regular round warn 5 pin socket (regardless of wireless ability)?

So, I learned that the apex controller ain't gonna work for my application like I wanted to. Their plug has different piniouts than what Warn needs. I'm unable to plug in the unit in my Warn and will need to build a harness like the fella up above. This defeats the elegance of this system so i returned it and will go with the less expensive wireless controller and built a harness.

Oh, to answer your question, yes, it does fit a 5 pin. The 5 pin plug is what the warn M8,000 winch has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom