B-series & H-series landcruiser Engine-Serial-Number/VIN-Number thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any chance of posting a pic of your VIN plate?

The one on my BJ40 did correctly show my engine capacity as 2977cc.

:beer:

@lostmarbles

IMG_20160910_121630.jpg

The only 1770cc engine from toyota is a 3T petrol ?

Looks like a NZ Assembly job... Maybe the VIN was set up after a few too many beers on the job..

I have Toyota diesel motor 11411-58050 (13B-T) in my Bayliner boat. I have a big problem in engine.

Does anybody know that would it be the same engine if I buy motor which has number: 11411-56010? Are they both 3,4 litres engines.

All information will make me happy :)

- Jorma -

Tere!
Tuo 56010 on B moottori, eli 3 litranen vapaastihengittävä ja vanhempaa tekniikkaa kun 13B-T.
On meillä Suomessaki näitä Toyota palstoja, ko. moottorista kannattais varmaan lähtee kyselemmää enemmän tuolta SLCK.net puolelta tai Offipalstalta.

:cheers:

Tere!
That is 56010 B engine, ie a 3-liter normally aspirated, and an older technology when the T-13B.
There we Suomessaki these Toyota columns, ko. engine kannattais probably going to kyselemmää more from that side of the SLCK.net or Offipalstalta.

I can't believe what I see on that site! :)

SLCK.net - Finland LandCruiser Club Association. • View topic - 40 series FAQs

Pity I can't read your language but the drawings/illustrations/wiring diagrams and manuals I see there are nothing like any I've seen before in English. (They don't seem to be copies of English versions but rather seem to be completely original and seem better in many respects than English-language Toyota 40-series documentation.)

Tere!
Tuo 56010 on B moottori, eli 3 litranen vapaastihengittävä ja vanhempaa tekniikkaa kun 13B-T.
On meillä Suomessaki näitä Toyota palstoja, ko. moottorista kannattais varmaan lähtee kyselemmää enemmän tuolta SLCK.net puolelta tai Offipalstalta.

Ookoo - Ok :)

Kiitos - Thanks :)

I'm hoping someone here can help identify the engine in the pic as a 3B. The seller is saying its a 3B - 1980 BJ40. I dont have access to the engine to check the side 3B casting on the block. All i have is the attached. Any help is appreciated. The plate is also missing in the fire wall and/or door jam.

IMG_7798.JPG

IMG_7799.JPG

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7804.JPG

IMG_7817.JPG

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone here can help identify the engine in the pic as a 3B. The seller is saying its a 3B - 1980 BJ40. I dont have access to the engine to check the side 3B casting on the block. All i have is the attached. Any help is appreciated. The plate is also missing in the fire wall and/or door jam.

View attachment 1345011

View attachment 1345012

View attachment 1345013

View attachment 1345014

View attachment 1345015
It's a plain old 1B, it says do on the tappet cover :(

Is it possible to get new VIN body tags reproduced using the VIN stamped on the frame?

Landcruiser model : FJ40 converted to 2B diesel engine
Build date: Was hoping for your help in determining month and year. Previous owner mentioned engine came from a 1981 BJ40 but I'm not too sure.
Engine Serial No: 0043926
Block Casting : 11411-56030
Frame No. (also called "VIN No.") - not relevant as chassis and body is from a 1971 FJ40.

Thanks guys. Hope you can help confirm month and year of engine as I'm looking to buy a rebuild kit sometime but found that there are different kits for the 2B depending on year it was built.

Last edited:
Landcruiser model : BJ40
Build date: Haven't a clue
Engine Serial No: 0192186
Block Casting : 11111-56010
Frame No. (also called "VIN No.") : BJ45-002512

The frame number concerns me.
I cant find any obvious alterations to the frame but..
The number makes me think that this was a chop shop job from Costa Rica... :frown:

Landcruiser model: BJ43L-KCJW
Build date: November 1979
Engine Serial No: 0320729
Block Casting: 11411-56020
Frame No: BJ43-0900267

Data.jpg

Hello, I am an absolute newbie on this forum. My BJ 40 which I bought some 10 years back is crying for restoration. The registration carries the block number. The chassis number has been tampered with. I am at a loss where to begin finding the antecedents of the vehicle. A few photos attached. I believe it is a B engine so I have been told. The block number reads 1141156010, I have not been able to locate the engine number. Chassis number on the registration reads 00028594. The vehicle is RHD 24 volt. Appreciate any/ all help.
Poser/Steve is doing it in the "40 and 55 series tech forum" as a "sticky" for cruisers with F and 2F petrol engines. So I'm thinking ....why haven't we done the same for our cruisers fitted with B, 2B, 3B, H, 2H, 13BT etc diesels.

Once sufficient people contribute in each vehicle/engine category (which I admit may take significantly longer than for Steve's thread - due to the lower numbers worldwide) ....graphs like this one (put together by Martian) can eventually be made:

View attachment 429123

This graph enables someone who buys a second-hand 2F engine to work out its production date easily and with reasonable accuracy - from just the serial number.

And it's not easy for the owner of a diesel cruiser to even pinpoint the production date/month of the vehicle itself! So hopefully this thread can eventually help there too (from the input of owners who already know all this data about their vehicles).

And we can also include details in this thread of where to locate identification details. For instance on the B- diesel (1B) fitted to a BJ40, the engine serial number is found here:

View attachment 730759
Edit Feb2013 - Swapped this pic because the one I had there before was of the number on my spare engine which was inconsistant with my details shown below.

It took me a long while to discover this hidden location and it was very hard to photograph. You actually need to look down between the 2 rearmost ports of the inlet manifold (by the dipstick).

Anyway I'll kick this thread off with details of my vehicle:
Landcruiser model : BJ40RV-KCQ
Build date (as accurate as I'm able to determine): July 1979
Engine Serial No: 0294407
Block Casting : 11411-56020
Frame No. (also called "VIN No.") : BJ40 - 0038478

PS. I have a personal motive for doing this in that I want to determine the build date for that spare engine I bought ....ie. The one whose serial number I photographed above.

PPS. Is anyone able to show me how to determine the build date directly from any casting data on a 1B block?
View attachment 429123View attachment 730759

Landcruiser model : BJ42LV-KCJK
Build date: May 1982
Engine Serial No: Non-original 3B from 60 series.
Block Casting : na
Frame No. (also called "VIN No.") : JT3BJ42C0C0003848

Glas body in Forest Green

20170407_100554-jpg.1442417

20170407_100554.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom