Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel Installation in a Base GX460 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been looking at this switch panel and am wondering what the trade offs between the IGBTs used in this one vs relays used in other solutions?
I am not sure that there is advantages to using the IGBT transistors, but I think they have over current protection. I've been very happy with it!

Funny, how I took a similar approach during the same timeframe you posted this, with a slightly different switch panel (only a 6 button one from Amazon). But, The one I chose comes with a bracket to mount on top the dash. Instead I flipped the switches over and bent the bracket around the back of the trim to the left of the steering wheel. I added some rubber bumpers to the back of the switch panel to keep it from vibrating. What I ended up with is a totally removable switch that doesn’t stick on the dash. You can see in the photo the black right above the switch going into that seam. That is the bracket and flat wire bent back around that plastic panel and pinching the panel on the back side. I can get a better pic with panel removed if someone wants it.
59AB95FA-845F-4735-872A-46CD175D83E8.jpeg

This is the product:
6 Gang Switch Panel, Nirider Universal Circuit Control Box Button Switch Pod Touch Switch Box for Truck ATV UTV SUV Car Amazon product ASIN B07QP5TQDK
While technically I mounted it upside down, since you place the masks on the buttons.. it doesn’t matter. I added a master kill/power switch so I can kill all lights with a single button (that’s the lighted button to the left of the panel).

And the location of the relay box and wire routing: that spot next to the fuse box is the best place to hide it and keep it stock looking. I bent up a bracket that came with a Rigid fog light kit for a new Tacoma, when all I needed were the lights.
D3C2DECA-5310-4D0E-B619-ED9D73368307.jpeg

C2590A0E-CA79-4408-A8FE-C270E3610F2F.jpeg

548455D8-EE8F-4624-9434-2F54950C0F39.jpeg

9A7C5AF6-6513-4B56-B798-7D9805A879DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny, how I took a similar approach during the same timeframe you posted this, with a slightly different switch panel (only a 6 button one from Amazon). But, The one I chose comes with a bracket to mount on top the dash. Instead I flipped the switches over and bent the bracket around the back of the trim to the left of the steering wheel. I added some rubber bumpers to the back of the switch panel to keep it from vibrating. What I ended up with is a totally removable switch that doesn’t stick on the dash. You can see in the photo the black right above the switch going into that seam. That is the bracket and flat wire bent back around that plastic panel and pinching the panel on the back side. I can get a better pic with panel removed if someone wants it.
View attachment 2569460

This is the product:
6 Gang Switch Panel, Nirider Universal Circuit Control Box Button Switch Pod Touch Switch Box for Truck ATV UTV SUV Car Amazon product ASIN B07QP5TQDK
While technically I mounted it upside down, since you place the masks on the buttons.. it doesn’t matter. I added a master kill/power switch so I can kill all lights with a single button (that’s the lighted button to the left of the panel).

And the location of the relay box and wire routing: that spot next to the fuse box is the best place to hide it and keep it stock looking. I bent up a bracket that came with a Rigid fog light kit for a new Tacoma, when all I needed were the lights.
View attachment 2569466
View attachment 2569467
View attachment 2569469
View attachment 2569470

Great Minds think alike! haha
That looks very clean! Thank you for sharing another system install on here for more examples!

This new product is a game changer . Has anyone used different mount locations for the controller? The electronic relay version will be my purchase.

This new product is a game changer . Has anyone used different mount locations for the controller? The electronic relay version will be my purchase.
if you are willing to screw into plastic, then you can mount it anywhere. I have seen posts where people mount the controller just above the left most air vent. also seen them utilizing the lower A frame "oh-s***" handle bolt and extending that to make a little bracket. there is also the possibility to run it up to the wide angle mirror/sunglass holder and mount it there, but you would need to extend the 4 control wires.

if you are willing to screw into plastic, then you can mount it anywhere. I have seen posts where people mount the controller just above the left most air vent. also seen them utilizing the lower A frame "oh-s***" handle bolt and extending that to make a little bracket. there is also the possibility to run it up to the wide angle mirror/sunglass holder and mount it there, but you would need to extend the 4 control wires.
His mount location was a great spot. I have a tendency to over think things so I was just fishing for other folks pictures of their mounting locations. The sunglass location would give my glasses a glare but I have seen them done very nicely.
thanks for conversing.

Thanks for the step by step. I have Auxbeam setup and like how you mounted it. I have a 2008 LC and wish I had the cover like you do for hiding all the wires like you did. Have you found over time any sagging. Has the brace you made held up over time?

Thanks for the step by step. I have Auxbeam setup and like how you mounted it. I have a 2008 LC and wish I had the cover like you do for hiding all the wires like you did. Have you found over time any sagging. Has the brace you made held up over time?
It has not sagged and been solid as a rock! Probably due to the fact that the support leg is at an angle and not horizontal or vertical.

Last edited:
Depending on your trim level you may have fewer blank spots to add switches.
Insert the switch in an open slot right side up.
Wiring the switch:

View attachment 2501256
I know this is an older thread, but what is that green plug, and what is that connecting to?

The green plug comes with the switch and it plugs in the back of it.
I'll have to try to find some Toyota-specific switches for the holes on my GX dash

View attachment 2569460

This is the product:

View attachment 2569466
View attachment 2569467
View attachment 2569469
View attachment 2569470
Thank you for the switch panel mounting idea!

This is my first write up ever so be gentle.

This write up is for the installation of Auxbeam 8 gang switch panel (Or such) in a base trim 2012 Lexus GX460. I have created my own fuse and relay boxes with switches before, but for the money, functionality, and time savings, this is a solid option. I chose this model because of the auto dimming which means less wires to be integrated with OEM wiring. I hate green LEDs, so I went with blue Backlit version which is more expensive but better for my sanity. I could not justify paying a high premium for SPOD or SWITCHPRO setups.

This install has the Auxbeam switch panel activated by a Toyota small switch that is always connected to the battery via an OE fuse box inside the vehicle. this way I can turn on the accessories while the vehicle is off (Don't forget them on LOL).

My goal with any modification I do is to not mess or drill in factory brackets or plastics (When possible)

These are my mounting solutions to fit my needs, so if you find another way/Spot, post it below.

Auxbeam 8 gang Switch panel on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B08J6W4TJG
"Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel Automatic Dimmable LED On-Off Car Switch Panel Electronic Relay System LED Car Touch Switch Box Universal for Truck ATV UTV Boat Marine SUV Car - Blue Backlit"

Under the hood:

I found the best location for the Fuse/Terminal box in Under this cover. Which is removable by 4 plastic clips that like to jump around and get lost. As you will see in the final picture, this location keeps all the wiring rats nests hidden and somewhat protected.

View attachment 2501225

I will be mounting the cradle that was supplied with the switch panel to this bracket.

View attachment 2501180

I made a little bracket out of Aluminum to support the other side of the cradle.

View attachment 2501196

Cradle has a little lip that will get perfectly sandwiched in a little grove on OE bracket.

View attachment 2501192

I then Installed the bracket assembly back using the 2, 12mm bolts.

View attachment 2501233
Thank you for this detailed writeup! This is next on my project list, after setting up my 12/24v buck-boost to my Ecoflow power station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom