Auto choke for webers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 32/36 weber on my 2F. when installed the mechanic ran the auto choke wire into the harness and hooked it up to some misterious wire. i've never been able to see if it really works right. how can i test this. based on my start ups i dont think it is working right...even on cold morning i cant feel or a hear a choke working. no high idles or anything

On my web I hooked up the wire to the +side of the bat to see what it would do. It took a little while but with the filter off you could see the buttersflys slowly open up. so in your case I would take off the filter start the motor and then watch it and see if it opens up. if not then it isnt working. or you could see if your getting a positive voltage off that wire when the cruiser is on. If you do then it should be working.

If it is working, the butterfly will be closed when the temp is cool out and you are getting voltage to it. As the heat builds, the butterfly will open. I don't recall hearing the choke on my Weber, but I sure hear it on the Mikuni I have on my MG. BTW if the fast idle is not set properly, you won't have that either. I suggest getting the Haynes Weber book, it is very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom