For Sale Austin, TX: 97 locked craigslist not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-97-land-cruiser-3-factory-lockers/7081060513.html
274,000 miles

Left Front fender dented on 2/10/20 while parked in street, dent interferes with Driver Door, door only opens half way.

Head Gasket leak; white smoke (started 2/18/20) out of the tailpipe and misfire in Cylinder 6 (coolant loss back in November 2019, originally thought Head Gasket, but then found Water Pump was leaking, replaced water pump and coolant level stayed steady for several months, 2/18/20 found low Coolant and a misfire in Cylinder 6)

Oil Pressure gauge non-operable
(or just no oil pressure, did this happen after front axle job??)

Clear Coat is fading/chipping on Hood, Roof, rear quarter panels.. (minimum $5-7k for a repaint)

This should be a $1500 vehicle. IDK.

Yep, 2k$ max

Yeah, I can’t believe this one went for $7200. Maybe $720.

When I saw the locked one pop up I told the buyer to let me know if he sells for that price because I "wanted to see the market". I text him the other day when I didn't see it up there anymore and that's the price he told me. I agree, It's hard to believe it went for that

Oh and the seller if that one posted above is a guy selling it for his sister in law who no longer lives here... He also thinks it has a V8. His sister is the second or third owner and doesn't drive it anymore is what he said. Carfax shows one owner and was at the current mileage all the way back in 2016. Buyer beware!

Screenshot_20200302-100251.jpg

I went and looked a the Round rock collectors edition. ... the one here ....

I got a similar story from the seller, except he told me he has the title, which is in his sisters name, and she already signed it but moved away and she isn't coming back.

Now, I saw the truck drove it, and IMO it is a $2000 truck. Parts rig.

The front oil pump has slung oil over the entire engine bay, and pooling on the pan under the radiator. The main serpentine belt isn't even connected to one of the main pulleys over under the distributor. I had the truck in R, moved it back about 5 feed, then went and looked under where it was parked while running and there was a pool of oil the size of my shoe. fresh.

The transmission is seriously leaking at the rear, which is likley due to imbalanced drive shaft (maybe the clown at the shop that once replaced the joints didn't put the mark the driveshaft position when removing to replace the ujoints?)

It was dark, but I could see the clear coat on the hood was destroyed to the point it should be repainted (which is why the truck is wet in all of the online phots on CL), same for one or two of the fenders, and the PS rear quarter and door were scraped up from some collision, and the PS rear fender flare was falling off.

inside carpet is destroyed both front and back. headliner mostly good, occasional leak left the A pillar lightly stained. Dash not cracked. chain smoker odor.

Driving impressions - the engine has much reduced power, and the brake indicators were all squeaking loudly at 5 mph... even though he replaced PS rear pads.

idle was fine, but like I said one of the pulleys isn't even attached to the drive belt so I wouldn't plan on driving it much more than down the street in its current state. I think I recall looking at the inspection sticker, and it has been expired since 2017 or so.

I went to look at it as soon as it was initially listed... maybe 3 hrs after the post ? He was asking 6900, He could tell I thought it was really rough, I didn't say anything besides that the issue w. the massive leak from the front oil pump, he immediately came down to 6k. then next day told me 5.7k.... now a week later I see it is listed at 5k.

Still about 3k too much I think.... plus I am doubtful about the title situation.

FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom