Austin Body Shop - Recommendations

So my 62 has a bit of damage at the roof and i want to have it Bondo-ed and painted. I am no good at sheetrock work so I am not even going to try and do the Bondo work.

I know it's better to just replace it but this rig aint going to win any beauty contest.
Just want to keep the water out (if it ever rains again).

So if anyone can recommend a shop that would be mostly helpful.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star

You might consider posting some pictures which would allow us to provide some feedback that may help as you work through this process. Is the referenced damage metal damage or rust related? Good luck and hope you're able to get resolution for your 62

Previous metal was damaged and patched with bondo by PO.
bondo and paint failed after who knows how many years.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star

Ah...that’s good news. As long as the metal is solid underneath it won’t be a difficult fix. If I was closer I’d be glad to help you out. I’m in CO for a few weeks but glad to help you tackle it when I get back to my place in central TX. Otherwise any independent body shop would most likely tackle this for you. I’d stay away from the high volume chain body shops. They mostly focus on insurance jobs anyways. Good luck. Jimmy

Went with a dude I found on facebook, they were cool, came to me and did an ...okay job. Not show room quality but looks good from 10ft away. Will look better a wash and a wax.

IMG_6117.jpeg
IMG_3860.png
IMG_6116.jpeg

Top Bottom