Austin area upholstery shops? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good.

Katzhin online is quoting Price: $1,895 (includes all row installation and shipping) for a row of 4 runner - LC not listed.

I forgot to update this, but Cardenas did good work for me. They didn’t like the covers, they said I should’ve bought from Katzkin. But I’m happy with how it turned out. There’s a little bit of bagginess in a couple spots but I think it will tighten up with one more Texas summer and I can live with it just fine as is. These covers came from Lseat, $700 for front and middle rows, all armrests, and console. Cardenas charged $450 for the install. Old man was grumpy, but nothing that would keep me from doing business with them again.

Were you able to drop-off and pick-up same day with Cardenas? I purchased the front row/armrest/console set from Ridies.com and plan to have installed either in Dallas area or Austin.

UpholsteryUSA in Cedar Park was recommended to me and when I left my Cruiser there I saw three other Cruisers in the lot, a 40 and 2 100's. I bought covers off of Land Cruiser Heaven, 1st and second row with console, and was quotede $475 to install by UpholsteryUSA. They had the truck since November 6th and just now ready tomorrow, so they are overloaded with work I guess.

UpholsteryUSA in Cedar Park was recommended to me and when I left my Cruiser there I saw three other Cruisers in the lot, a 40 and 2 100's. I bought covers off of Land Cruiser Heaven, 1st and second row with console, and was quotede $475 to install by UpholsteryUSA. They had the truck since November 6th and just now ready tomorrow, so they are overloaded with work I guess.
Pablo works slow but he does a good job.

A.J

Were you able to drop-off and pick-up same day with Cardenas? I purchased the front row/armrest/console set from Ridies.com and plan to have installed either in Dallas area or Austin.
No it took them a couple days.
I tried to get in touch with Upholstery USA but they never answered the phone.

No it took them a couple days.
I tried to get in touch with Upholstery USA but they never answered the phone.

same happened to me, I had to go by in person to be able to talk to anyone. And when seeing the shop in person, it doesn’t give the best impression. But I trusted the reviews and they did a good job at a solid price.

I did my seat bottoms myself. Got the leather and youtube training here A cheap pair of hog ring pliers and about an hour per seat was all it took.

Here's my experience... tedious but so is working with my damn fan shroud on my 62 :)

I'm struggling on what to do with my 62 seats. DS is on the brink of tearing... search for a replacement or go the SOR vinyl route.... will they get too hot in Austin sun????

My 62 has SOR seat foams and vinyls that were done by a PO. I have got to say, they are pretty nice. They are not too hot in the summer. The seat foams alone are transformative- the seats are MUCH more comfortable.

UpholsteryUSA took a while to complete job, didn’t even get to the steering wheel yet, but very happy with their work and the look of the Land Cruiser Heaven seat covers.
D81DDDDE-1DE0-40A7-AB09-A8A532E7E001.jpeg

7F0AD54E-72F2-4A10-A8C5-D0E768431FB6.jpeg

2C6A2FB4-2C52-4AD8-8141-F936D5694054.jpeg

I just used them for my 40 front seats and they look great.

Cardenas for me too. They did a GREAT job on the interior of a good friend's VW van. I recommend them to anyone.

Thanks to this thread, I ordered some L-Seat leather covers for my 97 LC, and had them installed at Cardena's in Austin. Was about $380 for the covers and a very reasonable price and super quick install by Cardena's. Recommend both. The L-Seat cover kit came with the center armrest leather also, even though it wasn't mentioned in their kit. So I had that installed too. My '97 is receiving some long-needed updates, including a decent budget Kenwood stereo with CarPlay and free install from Best Buy. Next thing on the list is a 1-2" basic lift kit or leveling kit for her tired suspension. 266K miles, was 79K when I purchased her in '04 as my second 97 Land Cruiser.

Some before/after photos.

IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3530.jpg
IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom