Austin area upholstery shops? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought some leather replacement seat covers from LSeat and I’m looking for a shop to get them installed in my 470.
J & H on Slaughter seemed to have retired.
E D up north quoted $650 but can’t get to them for month.
A small shop out in Creedmoor quoted $1000.
Knobens also quoted over a grand.

This is just to install the pre-bought leather replacement covers on the front and middle row. I was under the impression that this should cost a few hundred dollars but maybe I’m underestimating the job Anyone got any recs on good reasonably priced upholstery shops?
I’m posting this in the Houston section as well as I often travel to Houston and could just as easily have it done there.

I bought some leather replacement seat covers from LSeat and I’m looking for a shop to get them installed in my 470.
J & H on Slaughter seemed to have retired.
E D up north quoted $650 but can’t get to them for month.
A small shop out in Creedmoor quoted $1000.
Knobens also quoted over a grand.

This is just to install the pre-bought leather replacement covers on the front and middle row. I was under the impression that this should cost a few hundred dollars but maybe I’m underestimating the job Anyone got any recs on good reasonably priced upholstery shops?
I’m posting this in the Houston section as well as I often travel to Houston and could just as easily have it done there.

A few hundred would be for 60 or similar but these are intricately more complex. I have done interiors but I farmed mine out as I did not want to put in the many hours to do the job. Texas Auto Tops that did mine had about about 20 professional man hours for the first 2 rows. 900-1000 is about right. Could be more if you have airbags. Also, I would strongly recommend replacing both seat bottoms with the seat heater.

I remember Edwin used Cardenas Upholstery a long time ago.

I also went to a shop on S Lamar by Red's Porch (now closed) in the little area behind the Enterprise Rent a Car. Cant find the name of it, but probably have the handwritten receipt in my garage.

I remember Edwin used Cardenas Upholstery a long time ago.

I also went to a shop on S Lamar by Red's Porch (now closed) in the little area behind the Enterprise Rent a Car. Cant find the name of it, but probably have the handwritten receipt in my garage.
cardenas on burnet. i brought my motorcycle seat to them and they quoted me low and then they bumped me when i came back to pay. it was only like 10 - 15 bucks more so i just kind of ****ed with them about it.
they seemed to get a kick out of doing it so i wouldn’t be surprised if it happens. i’d still go back.

@Chuychanga There's a little shop up off North Loop (just east of Burnet) that does upholstery on the cheap and does a good job. Buddy of mine had his VW Bus reupholstered there. Place is called Cardenas Upholstery.

Last edited:
Just got a quote from Cardenas and it was significantly less than the other shops had quoted me. And he can get to it right away! I’ll post another update with some pics after the work is done but thank you guys very much for the great recommendation. I‘m pretty new around here and this is my first Cruiser... err.. Cruiser-like vehicle, but this forum has been a huge help already. Thanks guys.

I did my seat bottoms myself. Got the leather and youtube training here A cheap pair of hog ring pliers and about an hour per seat was all it took.

I thought about it but I have the bottoms and backs in both rows, 2 armrests, 5 headrests, the rear armrest. It would easily be a t least a couple days work for me and they’ll be able to steam them to get it tighter and add in a little foam if needed. He quoted me $450 and for me that’s well worth it for two days I get to ride bikes and go fishing with the kids instead of working on seats.

I thought about it but I have the bottoms and backs in both rows, 2 armrests, 5 headrests, the rear armrest. It would easily be a t least a couple days work for me and they’ll be able to steam them to get it tighter and add in a little foam if needed. He quoted me $450 and for me that’s well worth it for two days I get to ride bikes and go fishing with the kids instead of working on seats.

good deal. let me know if you get bumped a little money on pickup. i’m really curious to know if this is how the old man does business. it was sort of comical.

get a quote from the kid. go to pickup and check in with the son. kid goes to dad. kid comes back with slightly higher amount. it was sort of funny.

good deal. let me know if you get bumped a little money on pickup. i’m really curious to know if this is how the old man does business. it was sort of comical.

get a quote from the kid. go to pickup and check in with the son. kid goes to dad. kid comes back with slightly higher amount. it was sort of funny.

Both of my buddies' experiences with Cardenas were phenomenal. What he quoted was what they paid. There was nothing shady about it. I was impressed and that's why I recommended them as an option. If I needed upholstery done, I'd go there for sure. He does solid work on furnishings as well.

Both of my buddies' experiences with Cardenas were phenomenal. What he quoted was what they paid. There was nothing shady about it. I was impressed and that's why I recommended them as an option. If I needed upholstery done, I'd go there for sure. He does solid work on furnishings as well.
i’m not saying there was anything shady. i’m saying i got bumped by a very small amount and that it almost seemed like the old man liked to send the kid out to get a couple more bucks just for kicks. or the kid quotes low all the time and the old man always has to send him back out to get something reasonable. i’m saying if it happens to anyone i’d like to hear about it because it was goofy as hell.

Did you get them done yet.....I'm waiting in the wings to get LX470 2 front seats done...

I did my seat bottoms myself. Got the leather and youtube training here A cheap pair of hog ring pliers and about an hour per seat was all it took.

Where did you get the leather from?

Appreciate the leads.

I had Grateful Threads make me a set of custom upholstered door cards. Pricy but well done. I tried to use Cardenas a couple of years ago but there had been a death in the family and everyone was away. Looking forward to using them in the future.

Cardenas is active again and gave me god price on fitting Lseat covers but I sold the LX470.

I forgot to update this, but Cardenas did good work for me. They didn’t like the covers, they said I should’ve bought from Katzkin. But I’m happy with how it turned out. There’s a little bit of bagginess in a couple spots but I think it will tighten up with one more Texas summer and I can live with it just fine as is. These covers came from Lseat, $700 for front and middle rows, all armrests, and console. Cardenas charged $450 for the install. Old man was grumpy, but nothing that would keep me from doing business with them again.
91811347-9ADF-4BC6-9E89-31E89BFE7005.jpeg
9642A711-42AE-47C4-A3B2-6BA403ECB2B4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom