Aussie locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking into buying an aussie locker from torq masters. http://www.offroadlockers.com I was wondering if anyone is using one of these and are they as good as the reviews on pirate4x4.

I am looking for inexpensive traction and these sound great(and no i dont want to weld my rear) Please let me know what you guys think,

Thanks

Overall I am pleased with mine. It's cheap and effective. I believe that their lead times are way out there right now, 6 weeks or something so expect to wait.

It's an auto locker, so it will have some quirks, but nothing that I haven't managed to deal with.

If you have more questions, you might try a search. I know this has been hashed out before.

More importantly tho...go buy a locker. Now!

I think i am going to. When you mentioned quirks what are they? I know about the racheting noise when turning is that all?

I ordered one in mid December and after many failed attempts to try to contact them to see what was taking so long, I decided to cancel the order in mid March. Got a reply after I cancelled saying something about it being the manufacturers fault.

So, if you want to buy one, be prepared to wait. For a long time.

It took about 2 months to get mine. Looks identical to a loc-rite or ez locker. Easy to install. I haven't got to use it much yet but for $200 it will work for now. If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait, just get a loc-rite or an ez locker. The design is so similar they can't be that different.

[quote author=Bull22 link=board=1;threadid=13682;start=msg126790#msg126790 date=1080225855]
I think i am going to. When you mentioned quirks what are they? I know about the racheting noise when turning is that all?
[/quote]

Parking lots can get interesting. You either need to be on the gas, or have the clutch in. Otherwise the locker will load and unload resulting in some jearking action. Nothing a little seat time won't cure. It will pop or bang occassionally. Never fails to scare the bejeesus out of me, but no biggie. I do deal with ice and snow here in MN, and I was suprised by how little it affected my driving compared to stories I've heard. 2wd on a slippery hill is almost worthless with the locker tho... The rear end just slides back and forth.

All and all, great mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom