Aussie Locker in 1999 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I’ve pounded on that search button and read through a ton of threads without finding anyone who has run an Aussie Locker in their 100 series. I called Torq-Masters and they don’t have anything listed for it, but they do up until 1998.

Am I missing something? Is there any reason that the one in the 1998 shouldn’t work in the 1999? Has anyone installed one in their 100? I won one at the Carolina Relic Run this weekend (I probably wouldn’t have to replace my front diff had I had a rear locker earlier that day) and would love to install one. Any help on this would be appreciated.

The 1998 trucks (not sure if LX/LC or both) used a LSD in the rear. I think the '99s did as well. Even so, I'm not sure if that would have an impact on installing in one.

The 1998 trucks (not sure if LX/LC or both) used a LSD in the rear. I think the '99s did as well. Even so, I'm not sure if that would have an impact on installing in one.

98-99 Land Cruiser (U.S. Market) had either an open rear diff or the optional rear locker. He would need an open rear diff carrier to use the Aussie Locker.

98-99 LX470 came standard with L/S (U.S. Market) and yes, that does affect the ability to use a lunch box locker.

Lokka (of Australia) may or may not be the same company as the Aussie Locker. I'm not sure. Lokka shows application for the 100 series... for both open and LSD rear diffs.

TOY-RL-946RearAll gears, plates & springs removedLSDIn Stock Now$351.00Buy
TOY-RO-945RearAll gears replacedOpen4 Weeks from Order$361.00Buy

I have wanted a lunchbox type for the rear of my 2000 for a number of years now. Lokka has listed the -945 one for four years now, for awhile it was listed as coming soon, then switched to what hoser listed above- 4 weeks from order. That has been on display for several years now. I hadn't emailed them for a couple of years, and a few months ago I reached out to them but never received a reply this time.

You may have better results.

I spoke with Torque-Masters and they do not have a compatible option. I think I identified an issue with their listing, as the 1998 shouldn't have been on the listing and should have ended with the 1997 model year. From my research, as said above, Lokka has had that listed for years without actually having one. I may give them a call to verify though.

I have a spare LSD carrier, which Lokka shows as available, if anybody wants to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom