Aussie 70 series and VDJ 40 series @ SEMA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something special about a 79 series and its really cool to see some invited to the US to show off. Incredible. I've seen that 6X6 at shows here in Australia and honestly it shows that it's been used which to me is what they were made to be. Hopefully a few here got down there and saw it in person

@Indestructible 47 …. “Something special about a 79 series and its really cool to see some invited to the US to show off”.
————————————————————————————————————————————

Its like being able to unwrap the largest present under the Christmas tree but then told you have to put it back in the box so it can be returned.
😩

The PC crew’s Cruisers were a hit @ SEMA. It was fun to see them and catch up in person. I was able to put some miles on the 6x6 in Australia when we did a trip with Justin and the twins.

The PC crew’s Cruisers were a hit @ SEMA. It was fun to see them and catch up in person. I was able to put some miles on the 6x6 in Australia when we did a trip with Justin and the twins.

If you get back down under, come see me. That goes for any of my US mates. Im in Brisbane and your welcome in my shop anytime. Ill even take you wheeling somewhere in my 500hp 200 series :D

If you get back down under, come see me. That goes for any of my US mates. Im in Brisbane and your welcome in my shop anytime. Ill even take you wheeling somewhere in my 500hp 200 series :D

Deal!!

The VDJ is a bit of a joke.. No surprises this one has now grenaded - it had a very questionable past as a mine vehicle engine and they were running a thermofan for cooling (lol). Painful to watch someone take a good 40 and put that engine in it, but its their vehicle and clicks are important?

The VDJ is a bit of a joke.. No surprises this one has now grenaded - it had a very questionable past as a mine vehicle engine and they were running a thermofan for cooling (lol). Painful to watch someone take a good 40 and put that engine in it, but its their vehicle and clicks are important?
You got to give them credit where its due tho, upgrading an antiquated truck for comfort and power. just rebuild or swap the engine?

You got to give them credit where its due tho, upgrading an antiquated truck for comfort and power. just rebuild or swap the engine?

Just drive something new if you want comfort and power?

I'm a bit over people pretending to drive 40s, but restomods happen. :(

Last edited:
Just drive something new if you want comfort and power?

I'm a bit over people pretending to drive 40s, but restomods happen. :(
Having owned one of these same 45 pickups, I get it. Plus they're looking for cool and attention. I guess they got it. Cheers

it was a 300K old engine from a mining car with bad maintenance. It was on its last legs BEFORE it went into the 40 and was always going to be replaced at some point. Its still been as reliable as a the 1HZ and 1HDT when maintained correctly. I service cars with 700K+ on them and still going without issues

it was a 300K old engine from a mining car with bad maintenance. It was on its last legs BEFORE it went into the 40 and was always going to be replaced at some point. Its still been as reliable as a the 1HZ and 1HDT when maintained correctly. I service cars with 700K+ on them and still going without issues
Just the exhaust note alone would make the VDJ worth having. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom