Aussie 2F air cleaner mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I think I've sourced most of the parts to complete my snorkel install. I'm using a 3FE bottom filter housing, aussie lid and carb plenum. I would like to keep my factory smog set-up intact for fear that my county may implement an emissions program.

Has anyone just swapped over everything from the flat US assembly to a hybrid aussie/ US 3FE set-up? I've included some pictures. It seems everthing can be done with some minor mods, the only thing I'll lose is the warm air intake.

Any advice will help, thanks.
DSCN3311.jpg
DSCN3314.jpg

Last edited:
Some other things I forgot.

1. Can I just put a small filter on the intake for the smog pump or does it have to be part of the actual intake?
2. Does the other hose for the smog pump need to go into the
unfiltered part of the the air cleaner housing?
3. Can I use a 3:1 adapter for the three vaccuum lines in the second pic or will that change things?

I'd figure out a hot air solution while you're there. In CA it needs to be there or the rig doesn't pass the test. What do the 3FE's use?

If it were EFI the smog pump's air source *might* be important (kinda doubt it, but possible), but I doubt that it is to the carb.

I'd do the three lines as Toyota did them. There is probably a good reason for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom