August ROTM 2018 - Grand Canyon & White Pocket (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WORK is a 4 letter word. @Abigail , we all need to get some down time and this could be the the vistas to carry you through a tough week.

@Chrismanjs CJ, remember the north rim last time, baby Harper was just 3 months old. Tell Alyssa anything after Christmas is more than enough time.
I know... Trying to convince Alyssa of this.

you guys have a great time.

I know... Trying to convince Alyssa of this.

I know with my first wife pushing wasn't the way especially when she was pregnant. M second time around I did much better. She doesn't camp or go on runs but I was lucky to get out of my first marriage with my FJ40. The new better half (over thirty years) has hated my FJ40 from day one. But I still have it as well as a few more.:rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

If you can stay off the skinny pedal:flipoff2:

If I don't keep my foot of the skinny pedal I won't go anywhere in my FJ62.

temps look GREAT and the weather appears to be clear

Fri

AUG 17 Scattered Thunderstorms
80°53°
40%
WSW 7 mph 45%

Sat

AUG 18 Mostly Sunny
84°52°
10%
W 7 mph 38%

Sun

AUG 19 Mostly Sunny
86°52°
0%
SW 5 mph 28%

Mon

AUG 20 Mostly Sunny
83°53°
20%
SW 8 mph 29%

While Jacob Lake is not our destination it does reflect weather in the area. Should be mostly dry and cool in the evenings.

View attachment 1766489

temps look GREAT and the weather appears to be clear

Fri

AUG 17 Scattered Thunderstorms
80°53°
40%
WSW 7 mph 45%

Sat

AUG 18 Mostly Sunny
84°52°
10%
W 7 mph 38%

Sun

AUG 19 Mostly Sunny
86°52°
0%
SW 5 mph 28%

Mon

AUG 20 Mostly Sunny
83°53°
20%
SW 8 mph 29%

You guys need to tell me where you are going for these nice cool weather reports I want to follow you

I’m pulling mine from Jacob Lake, AZ. The trip we made a few years ago seemed to mirror the reports at Jacob Lake. No matter how the weather is, it will be dirt and we all need dirt as Abigail has said.

04554F3A-3CA6-489C-B53B-20BE9F0E35A6.png

Ah, I see the folly now, elevations are lower than Jacob Lake by 100 to 1500 ft. Fredonia, Az is about 3000’ lower than Jacob Lake and 10-12 degrees warmer on both ends.

I should have tried matching the elevations.

anything other than Phoenix is going to be welcome!

I expect good pictures from this trip for us expatriates!

No doubt, the dry adiabatic lapse rate in play for temperatures around them parts. Looks like a great run.

anything other than Phoenix is going to be welcome!

Why, has it been cold in the Phoenix area? Guess I should be glad it hasn't gotten below the fifties here yet.:rolleyes:

see #1 post

I was just saying best forcast would be by matching elevation to a town or GC park that are in the area. Haven't been looking for a forcast since temperatures won't be that much different for me.

The radio arrived yesterday, do I need to down load anything to just listen as I do not have a Ham license? Turn on and set the channel?

Why, has it been cold in the Phoenix area? Guess I should be glad it hasn't gotten below the fifties here yet.:rolleyes:

I was just saying best forcast would be by matching elevation to a town or GC park that are in the area. Haven't been looking for a forcast since temperatures won't be that much different for me.

The radio arrived yesterday, do I need to down load anything to just listen as I do not have a Ham license? Turn on and set the channel?

Just set frequency to 146.460 Mhz and listen. If it is a Baofeng hold the # key for a few seconds after you set the frequency to lock the settings.

@Mattman , @Cruddz and anyone else. I plan to roll with Murf at 3ish. We should be on ham channel per usual and I too will have a spare handheld ham radio if someone needs it.

@LandCruiserPhil , will the convenience stores have fuel? 200 miles on dirt will be getting to the reserve for some people (@murf ) for example.

I'll be aiming to hit the road around that time as well, but don't feel like you need to wait up for me, I'll find ya' somewhere.

Prolly leaving around 330. Saddletramp can ring you and see if we can meet on the way out?

Sounds like a fantastic time. I will have to catch the next one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom