Auburn area welding shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm following because I too live in the Auburn area and cannot find a reliable, reasonably priced mechanic to rework and machine my 1987 FJ60's engine. Let me know if you find one

Unfortunately the shop that I used for two 2Fs and one 3FE went out of business, R & R in Opelika. Place did not look like much but they were good to work with and two of these rebuilts now have > 200k on them and run well.

Unfortunately the shop that I used for two 2Fs and one 3FE went out of business, R & R in Opelika. Place did not look like much but they were good to work with and two of these rebuilts now have > 200k on them and run well.
If you hear of a place. let me know. I need to pull my engine and have the cylinders machined, then have everything including the head gasket checked and machined. it is a train-wreck in cylinder 1

I need a place to bore the motor, and possibly(probably) rework the head

The MS group has a place they rely on in Jackson. I can recommend you a place in NC. Wish I had better info. ATL is close to Auburn maybe check there.

If you hear of a place. let me know. I need to pull my engine and have the cylinders machined, then have everything including the head gasket checked and machined. it is a train-wreck in cylinder 1

That is impressive carnage :lol:

Might check with ACC in Atlanta for a recommendation. Ask in the MS clubhouse section about the shop in Jackson. My current 2F is running strong at 200k and in expectation of a future need for an engine replacement I'm planning on taking the spare 2F I have up to JimC sometime to be rebuilt.

I think I just saw your engine at Shivers and the condition of the block. If you need a block might check with @wngrog as he just pulled a 2F.

I’m next in line with a rebuild. Waiting on price. If it’s a low number $3000-3200 I’ll have it built. If it’s a high number I won’t. I have $600 in it so I’m shooting for a $4000 or less motor to break even

I found one already built and ready for $3400 shipped so I jumped.

That said I have a block here I just made into a coffee table but it needs machining.

WE use W and W Machine in Cullman Al at work and have no problems. We currently have 7 engine jobs going so you can see we do a lot of business with him. You can call Keith @ 256-796-8120

WE use W and W Machine in Cullman Al at work and have no problems. We currently have 7 engine jobs going so you can see we do a lot of business with him. You can call Keith @ 256-796-8120

Any idea what his 2F rebuilds cost? Our guy here is $3200-3800 depending on parts needed

W&W in Cullman do all motors of specialize with TLC

Any idea what his 2F rebuilds cost? Our guy here is $3200-3800 depending on parts needed
It will be less than that and he has always stood behind his work. Thing is it may take a month to get it rebuilt he stays backed up

Shivers did an awesome job on the rebuild! It is in the process of being put back in now, waiting on flywheel and one of these little boogers that got bent when transporting

Oil Cooler.png

I'm new to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good welding/fabrication shop around Auburn. I've got a bracket that's coming off a bumper that I need to get reattached.

Here's your welder in Auburn! He's a fellow offroader too and makes sliders and junk. He made a few products for me back in the day prior to opening up this business.

AXE Offroad