Attica IN Badlands, June 14-15, 2003 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not in charge!

But the logical place to meet is in the upper parking area behind the office, or just across the paved road from the office. Regardless it not hard to spot a Toyota truck or Cruiser in that area.

As far as time, I have no idea what the plans are, but it's unlikely you can checkin and wheel before 10 unless you were there the day prior, and prepaid.

I am looking forward to meeting all the new people planning to go! I think I am easily the most frequent Badlands visitor that owns a Cruiser, and I plan to beat mine pretty hard in preperation for the next EROCC event. So along with Woody and his cronies, I am certain we have the hard core stuff covered.

There are NO Cruiser spare parts available there, so bring what ya need to keep it going. Hot food is available. See ya all there, sometime.

Karl, which Cruiser are you bringing?

Hey Mike,

I am bringing the FJ40 newly shod with your old tires. The 4runner will not be trailready for awhile if that is what you meant.

I has its issues as usual, no wrench time here with two infants :eek:.

Can I hang with the big boys or will there be similar rigs to run with?

Karl
(and probably his dog)

Hey Mike,

Can I hang with the big boys or will there be similar rigs to run with?

Karl
(and probably his dog)

You're running 37's, You are one of the big boys! See ya there.

What tire sixe is too extreme for the trails in the BadLands?

I am running 42"s TSL and locked at both ends?
Would that be considered overkill?

considering the owner runs a Badlands chassis with Volvo portals and coilovers and he prefers his 42's over his competition Krawlers, I think you'll fit right in....hehehe

IMO, 44's are too much there, mostly due to width....35-42 will get you on the extreme stuff, locked and winched of course.

What size tires are you runnig on your truck?
Post a pic of your truck and I will do the same ;)

38.5's.....and for pics, anything in this forum or in http://www.ih8mud.com/photos/ that's painted in blue camo is mine...hehehe

(people HAVE to be sick of pics of my junk by now.....)

here's a picture of my 78 FJ-40
the rear suspention on my rig in UNBELEIVABLE
those are 44" Boggers that I was running last year!
It might look like a j**p, but it is not a j**p

canuck, I hope to see you there...I intend to steal ideas from your 1/4 elliptic mounting...hehehe

THE PLAN that SG and I are thinking of has he and I (and whomever wants to join in) running a "gauntlet" type run on Friday...this'll be the hard day, all the toughest stuff in the Quarry and more. The timid need not apply. Full locked, winches, body damage and rolls expected, 35" minimums, and with luck, a spotter free run as well...point and shoot.

Course, there will be other "gangs" there not getting into the dumb stuff too....hehehe

Saturday will be more laid back (for me anyways), and C (my wife) wants to drive some on either Sat aft or Sunday morning...

JUST made my reservation, powered site D-10, coming in Thurs evening about 11pm and out Sunday afternoon.... (D-9 was open when I called too, any other victims?) I know JM is gonna pitch a tent there earlier and get our fire going....

The timid need not apply.  Full locked, winches, body damage and rolls expected

Dang  :eek:

I better let my German Shepard drive, she is much more aggresive and less timid than me :beer:

Don't let Woody scare You I think he likes to flop! Although On our Slade/Tellico trip, The Chick tried to flop Mine a couple times but only dangled precariously.

I don't think that i will be coming this time, I need to work on the 383, there is somthing wrong with the Starter Motor and the Tranny seems to be broken :-[

I wish i could go!
Woody, be sure to take lots of pictures...
now I know if someone steals my 1/4 springs, it would be you! :D

Trailer is loaded... the junk mostly fixed... if I time it just right... I'll hit Summers' 'bout 6:00! Ok, so it'll be closer to 7, but that didn't fit as well.

Hopefully see some of ya down there before woody arrives... I'll be staking out a tent on his site.

jm

Bustin my butt trying to get all the stuff done I want to have by tomorrow morning. Sliders are about done.
If the guy who wants my 62 would call back I would be trying to get some boggers on it tonight too, but that's not looking like it's going to happen soon enough.
I'll be tired, but I'll be there when the Badlands opens.

Well, where was everybody today. Lettin a little rain skeeer ya? Hehehehehe.... It rained hard for a half hour, and pissed on us on and off till we gave up. Then of course the rain stops.

Ask Todd how deep the pond was?

Woody and Cris, Todd, John, (EasyXJ came later) and myself. Tomorrow should be nicer weather. I'll be back then.

It was deeper than it looked. :doh:

Famous last words heard only slightly less often than "hold my beer and watch this!"

Pics coming once Woody gets back. I couldn't actually take any pics of that incident since I couldn't get out of the truck.
:worthless:

http://www.ih8mud.com/photos/2003-06-14_Attica/ for all the photos....

Gumby teaches us to swim....
DSCF0002.JPG

My wife takes a line I'm not even sure I'd try....
DSCF0024.JPG

...plus pics of jm, Goebelers, Gumby2, and SpaceGhost!

:-[

We went through deeper stuff the next day. This pond was grey mushy clay that had no bottom. The water line from Saturday's trip on Green is at the middle of the headlights.

Somebody had to do something stupid and I felt it was up to me to provide the days entertainment. It's somebody else's turn next time. :G

My wife takes a line I'm not even sure I'd try....

I have to admit...the line looked great from where I was standing and Chris did an amazing job of making it look way too easy. One of these days I hope to have my wife out there climbing around.
Great time again wheelin with you all and look forward to another trip down there.
Someone should tell Spaceghost that his new suspension sucks! He needs to put the tub back on the rear...I have one to give him in red, and toss the spring set up my way cause I am green with envy! For those of us that are not that mechanicallyy inclined, hats of to the new setup Mike! And drop me a note about timing for the birfield eliminator examination.
Goebeler
By the way, nice to meet you Gumby and Gumby 2. Didn't catch the name of the guy from Milwaukee.
See you again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom