ATP-205 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

izzyandsue

Izzy
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tactegra.com
Don't know if anyone has used this before, didn't see anything in a search so here we go. Last year was getting my truck ready for a long (4K mile) trip into the desert. I have a front oil leak that was determined to be the time chain cover (confirmed more than once) and would cost $1.5-$2K to do. Other minor leaks got sealed. Anyway, that's too expensive me, so adding oil every 500 mile would do. I could see the oil under the engine every time I did my vehicle 360 check. So I tried ATP-205 as a test, dropped the whole bottle in as instructed and drove a few hundred miles. Well, the leak didn't stop, but it was substantially less.
Eventually I got to do an oil change before the long trip to the desert where my truck would repel missile attacks at white sands (you know Land Cruisers get tickled by missiles), new filter and filled oil to the top. This time also added a bottle of ATP-205 with the fresh oil. Now 3K miles later and the oil stick still shows oil level exactly on the same spot, no loss. This was a last ditch effort before I have to spend too much on my truck (that I bought for $4K!) but so far so good. Learned about ATP from Scotty Kilmer, yeah the nutty entertaining mechanic. So wanted to pass this along.

1584804455860.png

Did the leak get worse? Catastrophic over time? Just looking for what to look for. I know a rebuild will be eventually but maybe in 65k miles when I hit 300k!

To clarify, I'm not saying I used the ATP, just that I had that leak so I went whole hog.

I drove it for over a year while it self-applied rustproofing to the underside; and it had been leaking before I even got it. I was up to about a quart per 500-700 miles at the end, so it definitely got worse over time. It was actually spraying out from the chain cover when I dropped it off at @OTRAMM for the work. They got a kick out of that. I'm glad I didn't push that poor thing any further than I did.

Much grass! I am hopeful that I can improve my life with chemistry, but...at some point will need something. Or sell it and get a 100. Or one of those 200 from NATO....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom