For Sale (ATL, GA) 1999 LX470 1-owner - 80K miles [SOLD] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my parents' 1999 Lexus LX470, they owned it from new, always been garage-kept, and serviced at their local Toyota dealer. They are in their 70s and just have no need for it anymore. It has 80,931 original miles, and everything works as it should, including the AHC. We replaced the tires last year with 33" BFG A/Ts and they have ~3000 miles on them. NO RUST. Southeast vehicle it's entire life.

Rubber mats were always used in the car and are pictured, I'm sure weathertech makes much better ones, but they are obv included with the sale.

Pictures are current as of 2/01/19. More pictures will appear lower in the thread, only 5 per post...

VIN: JT6HT00W3X0053937

Asking $27,500
MUD Price: SOLD locally for $26,500

Last edited:
What was the mud price? I offered a reasonable offer via CL but had to jump on another vehicle due to thinking i sold my previous vehicle over the weekend.

What was the mud price? I offered a reasonable offer via CL but had to jump on another vehicle due to thinking i sold my previous vehicle over the weekend.

Tomorrow afternoon, so long as everything completes with the sale, I’ll happily post up the either the SOLD price or the MUD price...

Good luck with sale! Super clean LX sir!!

Wow congrats dude

Another very informative and useful post! Thank you for your opinion of I’m not sure what!

Mods please feel free to close this FS thread as the vehicle has been sold. TY!

there ARE scammers coming on here flipping cruisers and misstating their provenance. then they lie about selling them and register new accounts. cruisershack comes to mind (i think that was the name). i've seen 200 series sell for less. i'll be keeping an eye on the vin for title changes as i have access to it. i don't believe it either.

I don't think jesus888 is a scammer. He has been on here for 5 years with 116 posts. He's polite, informative regarding his vehicle and politely puts up with the haters that diss him. So what if it was priced high. Does really affect your life? The truck was beautiful and everyones 100 just went up in value today. Thank you Jesus. The forum appreciates you. 🍺

Y’all are silly. I’ll show you a copy of my deposit slip when I get home... as embarrassed as I am for you suggesting that about me...

DFC80623-5D93-4CC8-9684-2613978CB5AB.jpeg

I don't think jesus888 is a scammer. He has been on here for 5 years with 116 posts. He's polite, informative regarding his vehicle and politely puts up with the haters that diss him. So what if it was priced high. Does really affect your life? The truck was beautiful and everyones 100 just went up in value today. Thank you Jesus. The forum appreciates you. 🍺

I've had dealings and met @jesus888 in person while in GA and can vouch that he is definitely not a "scammer". He is a great guy and Toyota enthusiast and even shipped me some early pickup parts that he didn't need anymore on his own dime knowing that I could use them.

I've known for a while that someday he would get passed down his Father's cream puff LX, but figured as big of a Cruiser head as he is, that he would probably never sell it. In fact, I have a pretty good suspicion that these funds will likely be going on to finance another ambitious LC purchase/build. Glad to see that this one drew such a healthy premium and I have no doubt that the new owner will be enjoying that truck for a long time.

I agree with @mike mooradian that he's done the forum a service by disclosing what the truck sold for elsewhere after completion of the deal. Many times viewers of threads here do not have the opportunity to see where the purchase price settles at only that it has sold. In many cases the thread or posts are deleted or edited so that the flippers can cover their tracks and offer no help in the future pricing of comps or similar vehicles.

I applaud him for coming back to update and concluding his for sale thread. There is no need for him to prove anything further to the doubters and low ballers that have cluttered up this thread. Thanks again to him for offering it up to us guys on MUD to have the first shot at it. Too bad some posters here are just not able to appreciate this gesture and his honesty.

....... i'll be keeping an eye on the vin for title changes as i have access to it. i don't believe it either. .....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously some people have a lot of spare time on their hands and need to find a hobby.

Well one thing is for sure - a low mileage rust free example is now out of my price range. I just can’t justify that much cash for a 20 year old 4x4. Too many other options out there unless I hit the lottery.

Is '99 with 80K miles worth more than 16-17, definitely not. Having said that, it certainly wasn't a smart buy on the buyer's end and a lucky one on the seller's end. It's never a good idea to pay more than 10-15% over the book for a vehicle that'd be a daily driven regardless of how rare the vehicle is.
If for some reason, that truck gets totaled, guess how much is the current owner going to get, may be $10,000, if that.
Also, once the truck starts getting driven, the age related components that have gotten brittle over the years, would definitely start showing their age, after all it is a 20 year old truck.
Always remember, it's not always about the mileage, it's about the age too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom