For Sale (ATL, GA) 1999 LX470 1-owner - 80K miles [SOLD] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my parents' 1999 Lexus LX470, they owned it from new, always been garage-kept, and serviced at their local Toyota dealer. They are in their 70s and just have no need for it anymore. It has 80,931 original miles, and everything works as it should, including the AHC. We replaced the tires last year with 33" BFG A/Ts and they have ~3000 miles on them. NO RUST. Southeast vehicle it's entire life.

Rubber mats were always used in the car and are pictured, I'm sure weathertech makes much better ones, but they are obv included with the sale.

Pictures are current as of 2/01/19. More pictures will appear lower in the thread, only 5 per post...

VIN: JT6HT00W3X0053937

Asking $27,500
MUD Price: SOLD locally for $26,500

Last edited:
What sort of maintenance has been performed and when?

Differential service?
transfer case?
coolant flush?
brake fluid flush?
timing belt?
spark plugs?
power steering fluid?
Fuel injection system flush?

Thanks.

What sort of maintenance has been performed and when?

Differential service?
transfer case?
coolant flush?
brake fluid flush?
timing belt?
spark plugs?
power steering fluid?
Fuel injection system flush?

Thanks.

My dad said he took the LX470 in to the local Toyota Dealer for everything and they performed everything the dealer suggested... I called and got the printout from the Toyota dealer and I linked that in the first post. I will say that I am nearly certain that no timing belt service has been done. I believe that is due at 95K miles, and he never got that far, so it wasn't completed.

The car runs like a top, starts every time, and goes wherever, whenever... we've never had ANY issues...

they performed everything the dealer suggested... I called and got the printout from the Toyota dealer and I linked that in the first post. I will say that I am nearly certain that no timing belt service has been done. I believe that is due at 95K miles, and he never got that far, so it wasn't completed.

Service manual says 90k or 9 years for the timing belt.. so timing belt was most likely done as the dealer probably suggested it.

The link from the first post provides a one page document that does not provide any details of the services performed... unless I'm missing something?

Thanks!

I called and asked them for service history and that’s what they sent me.

I asked my dad specifically about the timing belt and he told me he does NOT think it was done.

He spent most of the last year rehabbing from a car accident in his Camry, after spending quite a bit of time in the hospital so it’s has NOT been into the dealer in the last year.

My dad said he took the LX470 in to the local Toyota Dealer for everything and they performed everything the dealer suggested... I called and got the printout from the Toyota dealer and I linked that in the first post. I will say that I am nearly certain that no timing belt service has been done. I believe that is due at 95K miles, and he never got that far, so it wasn't completed.

The car runs like a top, starts every time, and goes wherever, whenever... we've never had ANY issues...

Great truck, very nice color !

Sorry to interfere in your thread again, but my LX470 is of the same year and has the same miles 80.700, last week I let to change the timing belt etc for the first time, and I have to say it was badly needed to do so !

LX 470 Timing Belt at 80K miles.jpg

On the picture you can see all cracks on every single teeth of the belt.

Although the mileage is low, 20 years is too long time for the belt.

:cheers:

Last edited:
who is paying 27k for this???

highly doubt someone would even pay 20 for this??

its a factory AHC, 20 year old lexus with some ko2's and no other mods with no recent documented service history...............

sorry for not be helpful at all but this is silly.

i paid 9k for a perfect lx470 in a more desirable color 6 months ago with (what looks like) far more documented service history for 9500. there was no corrosion AT ALL and it had 146k. far more miles than this, yes, but you're telling me you want someone to pay almost twenty thousand more dollars for this truck??

surely i am missing something here....

Last edited:
Thanks @whatsvanos for your assessment and sharing your recent experience!
defend your asking price. i know I'm being a little rude, here but as a serious buyer...

please educate us why its worth that price? I sold the truck i just mentioned to someone on here for 12.3k. it had 156k when i sold it. He felt he over-paid. but he paid. it had like, 8 owners. I know these trucks are going up in value but it isn't a 6spd Supra.

defend your asking price. i know I'm being a little rude, here but as a serious buyer...

please educate us why its worth that price? I sold the truck i just mentioned to someone on here for 12.3k. it had 156k when i sold it. He felt he over-paid. but he paid. it had like, 8 owners. I know these trucks are going up in value but it isn't a 6spd Supra.

The reasons for my asking price are:
  • Single owner - Purchased new in 1999 by my father
  • Garage-kept for 20 years
  • Maintained at the local Toyota dealer (because nearest Lexus dealer was 1 hr away) at Sunny King Toyota in Anniston, AL
  • Never offroad, and I mean NEVER (he's 77 years old)
  • For the last 10 years, this was a 3rd vehicle. It was our family road-trip vehicle. 80% of mileage was on the highway.
  • It has almost 81,000 original miles and those are EASY miles...
Those are facts. I'm not really interested in "defending" my asking price. I've had enough messaging in my inbox to know that while $27,500 may not be realistic, I am not too far off, hence "asking" instead of "firm" next to my asking price. Examples like this are not easy to come by, with such low mileage, and I don't expect there to be a glut of them in the future.

I appreciate you sharing your story about your specific situation, and felt compelled to respond, but based on your needs, and your previous experience, I can tell that this rig, at anywhere near my asking price, is not the one for you. But GOOD LUCK with your search! I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs better than this one...

Last edited:
"Defend your asking price" ..... For a minute I thought I was back in my high school debating class. The classified section is definitely entertaining if nothing else. :)

sorry for not be helpful at all but this is silly

Sooooo you bought a "8 owner" more "desirable" truck in "perfect" condition for either $9,000 or $9,500 six months ago.....then you put 10k miles on it and sold it to a poster here for $12,300.......But......only have 2 posts on this site???

And both of them are in this thread derailing the OP's for sale ad for his 1 owner pristine LX with almost half the miles of your previously mentioned truck???

surely i am missing something here....

Yes. Yes you sure are.

Last edited:
Just a note on my thoughts here, even though it means very little. I would kill to have this truck. It looks awesome, and like I've been saying for the last couple of years that the 100 will be a very difficult vehicle to find in this shape in the years to come. Do I think its worth 27k at this time? No way. But the poster has every right to ask whatever he wants without people putting in their negative comments. Its your truck, your time, your post. If readers don't have any interest move on. Guy seems like a respectable person and the truck seems more then amazing so wish him good luck and read this post 5 years from now and say "damn, that wasn't a bad price after all" 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom