Ash tray delete / Qi wireless charging pad - ‘14 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone attempted replacing the ash tray with a QI wireless charging pad, similar to the newer 200 series models?

The ash tray assembly can be removed and there seems to be sufficient space for this. May require some 3D printing to get it fitted right.

Before I dig in to try to solve this, wanted to see if anyone else has done any research or attempted this?

FCA7BAAC-253B-4E01-A490-C5FF9A1D914B.jpeg

I have been wondering the same thing!?

I’d be happy for an ashtray delete that gives the equivant of a Ram 1” ball on that utilizes the ash tray rails. Then I could mount anything - but recently thinking the ESR MagSafe charger there.

i know there are some guys doing a lot of print inf for the 100 series and BhIck3d has been doing stuff for the cup holder, but don’t see much action for phone holding devices!

I have been wondering the same thing!?

I’d be happy for an ashtray delete that gives the equivant of a Ram 1” ball on that utilizes the ash tray rails. Then I could mount anything - but recently thinking the ESR MagSafe charger there.

i know there are some guys doing a lot of print inf for the 100 series and BhIck3d has been doing stuff for the cup holder, but don’t see much action for phone holding devices!
My next step will be to try to prototype a flat pad that will fit in the ash tray rails.

It’s not MagSafe (and unsure of quality), but was thinking about trying a Qi pad like this: Amazon product ASIN B07GZZX37F

Not much space in there, if I recall correctly. Is there enough room for both the phone and a charging pad?

Not much space in there, if I recall correctly. Is there enough room for both the phone and a charging pad?
It should fit width of a large phone like iPhone 12 Pro Max or Samsung Galaxy Note 20, but expecting that length of base will have to protrude out in front some. So need do some experimentation to see if it could work.

Other path would be to replace the whole assembly for the ash tray and 12V cigarette lighter ports, but that’s a much bigger undertaking.

I was thinking of a “sled” which has a small ball on the end to accommodate this:

I’d get rid of the dash mount bits and and just mount the halo lock pad directly or via a small ram extension to the ball on the back. For the price it’s worth trying out.

Curious to see how your Qi sled turns out. I could go that route too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom