ASFIR Fuel Tank Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone put one of these on? My search yielded no results specific to this application. My fuel tank cover is rusted to hell and I need to address it in some fashion. Seems like factory replacements are around $320+/-. I have an '06 so I know I'll need to support the gas tank while removing the straps and replacing. Trying to find the best option.

ASFIR Fuel Tank Skid Plate

Just a heads up, the skid plate in the link is for the "125-Series Land Cruiser" which is the Land Cruiser Prado or Lexus GX470. Not that its impossible to fit it to a 100-series frame but I believe they're quite a bit different

Oh dang. Thanks for that clarification! Hmmm....so it looks like an OEM is really the only option here without modification.

I’m surprised an ABQ truck has any rust on it at all. Guessing it was not originally from NM? In any case, your cheapest route is to get a non-rusty tank skid from a junkyard for $100 or less.

Yeah, rig was in the Midwest at some point and it shows the history. Seller wasn't entirely forthcoming about the extent of the rust but it is what it is I suppose. It's not horrid from what I can see upon initial inspection but, coming from the SW, I don't want to see any cause it's foreign blasphemy! I've already got a media blaster setup and sealants to rectify the offenses but I think this bit needs replacement. I'll keep an eye out for a used cover as I don't really wanna drop 3 bills if I can help it.

I'm always up for the "forced upgrade" so was a bit excited for a potential option when I made the thread. Ah well. Wishful thinking.

My understanding is that there is a petrol 100 series gas tank skid in the works/intended.

Mine is badly rusted as well. looking to replace it in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom