ASFIR 4x4 Skids are back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are people doing to make the front two work with the stock gas tank skid? I don't know that I necessarily need it for FL mud and sand and that money could cover most of a winch (which I probably will need). I can mod most things no problem but am not sure what is needed.

What are people doing to make the front two work with the stock gas tank skid? I don't know that I necessarily need it for FL mud and sand and that money could cover most of a winch (which I probably will need). I can mod most things no problem but am not sure what is needed.
I didn’t do anything. Just bolted the front two up

Just heard that they are coming out with GX specific skids. I guess some had issues with the Prado ones interfering. I hope they also bring their hidden winch over.

Just heard that they are coming out with GX specific skids. I guess some had issues with the Prado ones interfering. I hope they also bring their hidden winch over.
That would be nice - especially if they make a KDSS-friendly version as well.

Still don’t see anything on this yet

Bringing an old thread back to life...

Well i know there is always talk of supply chain issues and places can not fill orders fast enough or shipping is delayed....

I want to give an example of a great customer experience!

I placed my order with ASFIR 4x4 for new skids on Sunday 23/05/21 evening..... This arrived TODAY 23/05/25!!...

They are in Israel!

Air freight NO CHARGE! not a special deal or because I had killed my original front skid from them but it was simply a regular order!
No extra custom fees. Just the price on the website.

ASFIR 1.jpg

ASFIR 2.jpg

ASFIR 3.jpg

The quality of the last one and the look of the new ones was/is great. 1/4" aluminium saves weight and is still plenty strong. Price is cheaper then most other brands... Victory, RCI or Bud Built.

Budbuilt has this to say about Aluminum skid plates and they know what they are talking about. There are Budbuilt skid and rail users that are members of the same LC club i belong to that swear by them. They make stuff strong enough for tanks!

"1/4" (6.35mm) Aluminum Alloy -
Strength without the weight. Our 5052 laser cut aluminum alloy has the same strength levels as our 3/16" steel, but at a faction of the weight. We recommend aluminum where the application sees regular off-roading, yet limited potential for dragging on hard surfaces like rocks. While 1/4" aluminum has the strength to handle heavy rock impacts, it is much more susceptible to galling than steel, when dragged over rocks. Galling results in what looks like fine aluminum shavings by the rock that was dragged down the plate. Another way of thinking about this is by first stating that aluminum has no problem at impacting an obstacle, it's what happens after impact that matters. After impact, if your driving style is to reassess the trail and choose a better line, aluminum is the right choice. If your driving style is to continue on the same line, as in rock crawling applications, we would recommend our 3/16" steel (Rock Armor) systems. Aluminum does not require prepping and repainting impact areas to prevent rust."

Another reason I like them is that the mid plate covers the trans and transfer case in one piece not 2 or so together so less seams and failure points.

I had my old one on for 4 years and it took plenty of abuse. It was also used when i got it from a fellow member and he rode it hard as well. I see no reason for these to not give me the same amount of service if not more!

Yes I am sure I could take a sledge and beat it back into place but I opted for new at this time. I will keep the old and try to fix it but it will be a backup. oh and the notch that was cut out was by the original owner @JLee for the KDSS bracket

View attachment 3332267

View attachment 3332268
View attachment 3332270

If you haven't been to their site here is a link to it...

I am not being paid or compensated for this but just a customer that is happy to give a great review for a company handling its business the way it should be done!

I am going to be happy to put their sticker on my board and tell people about the product when asked .... and even when not asked! LOL!

I was going to get the Fuel tank skid but just couldn't swing the extra cost at this time but that is HIGH on the buy list though! @ASFIR 4X4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom